Max Verstappen- Unsupportive

After a driveshaft failure in qualifying, max has to start from P15 today. We walk into the paddock, his warm hand envelopes mine as we make our way to the Red Bull garage. The hot Saudi sun beating down on us as the breeze moves through my dress. We greet Charles and Lando as we walk past the pair chatting. I notice cameras snapping as we walk past but I've learned to ignore them over the last few years. We eventually duck into the garage, max immediately getting to work and talking to all his engineers. I wave hello to Checo before I take my usual seat at the back of the garage.

After watching max intensely talk to his engineers for about an hour he walks over to me. "We have about two hours till I have to be back for race prep. Let's go get some food." He says, holding out his hand and walking with me to the Red Bull catering area. We order some food and sit down, chatting about random things. That's when Jos enters and plops down on the third chair at our table. "Hey dad." Max says. Jos grumbles in response which ticks me off a little but I bury it as our food arrives. Max and I continue chatting as we eat, as if Jos isn't even there.

After a few minutes Jos hits the table. "How can you sit here talking about some tv show and laughing when you had such a disaster yesterday. It's so disappointing." He almost yells before getting up and walking out into the paddock. Max's smile drops off his face and my heart breaks. I take his hand that's resting on the table. "Max," I begin but he interrupts me. "Don't baby, I'm used to it unfortunately. That's why I'm so grateful to have you because you keep me happy and celebrate everything with me. You have no idea how much it means to me. To know there is someone cheering for me." He says sadly. "Baby I'll always be here to cheer for you. That's why I come to every race, so I can support you." I say and he smiles before leaning down and placing a kiss on my knuckles.

I watch the screens intently from lap one. Watching Max climb through the field, listening to his radio messages through the headphones I was handed earlier. Jos stands a near to me, not looking impressed. I ignore him and turn back to the screen just in time to see him pass Alonso and take second place halfway through the race. The smile on my face grows as I cheer with the rest of the team. I see myself on screen for a few seconds, smiling at the camera before facing the tv again.  "14 places in 25 laps, that is incredible." I say to no one in particular.

I run down the pit lane with the rest of the team. We are all over the moon with another 1-2 for the team. I make my way to the barrier, courtesy of the team pushing me forwards. Checo runs into his team next to me and as he pulls away I pull him into a huge hug, congratulating him. "That was incredible, I'm so proud of you. That was such a good race. Well done!" I yell over the noise of the pit lane. We break the hug and I can see him smiling under his helmet. I find Jos standing next to me, only shaking Checo's Hand. I roll my eyes but then max coming towards us catches my attention. "Maxie!" I yell as he reaches me. Picking me up, over the barrier and swinging me around. I grab his helmet in my hands and look into his eyes. "I'm so incredibly proud of you, you dove such an amazing race today and I could cry with joy. You did so amazingly." I say and I can see him smiling behind the helmet. "Thank you, schat." He says before giving me another hug and lifting me back over the railing.

Jos shakes his hand and says nothing. That gets my blood boiling, as I am about to say something the podium celebration starts. I clap for Alonso but cheer loudly with the team for max and Checo. They are all awarded their trophies and then the champagne comes out. I watch them drench themselves and then pose for photos. While this happens I see Jos move from next to me and walk through the building into the paddock. I follow him, my blood still boiling.

"Could you be happy for your son for once!" I yell at him as we are in the middle of the paddock, I don't care who hears us. He turns around and walks up to me. "Who do you think you are! Trying to talk me what to do! That wasn't good enough. He could have easily finished first." Jos says. I laugh. "You are so jealous of your own son it's incredibly sad. You should be happy for him regardless of the outcome. That performance was fucking incredible but you could only roll your eyes. You have to stop being so hard on him. He performs incredibly race after race and you refuse to give him the time of day except when he won the championship. It's frankly disgusting how you treat him. Max is an incredible man and deserves so much more than you." I yell, hearing my voice echo through the paddock but I don't care, I'm fuming.

"Who do you think you are trying to tell me how to parent my own son. If it weren't for me pushing him, he wouldn't be here." Jos says. "You could have done that without all the abuse and neglect you put him through!" I yell back. "You fucking bitch!" He yells moving forward but he stops when I feel a presence right behind me. "You take another step and I will break every bone in your body." Max's familiar voice comes from behind me. I can hear how angry he is, matching my emotions. "I think it's time you leave, dad."he says, spitting the last word like venom. "And don't bother coming back, I've removed your paddock access. After what you said, I never want to talk to you again." Max says.

Jos was about to add something before security appeared and dragged him out. "You little slut, you've manipulated him. I'll get you for this you bitch!" He yells along with other obscene words as he is dragged out the paddock.

I turn around and wrap max in hug, my arms wrapping around his neck as his arms wrap around my waist. "Thank you baby, I've been meaning to do that for the longest time." He says, I can feel both of us calming down from our rage. "Are you ok? Did he hurt you?" Max asks, pulling away from the hug to check me. "I'm fine. Thank you for coming though. I appreciate it." I say. "Lando saw you follow him from the media pen and ran to me, telling me you were out here. I heard the whole conversation. I've never heard someone say those things about me and stick up for me like that. You have no idea how much it means to me." He says, tears forming in his eyes. I place my hand on his cheek, wiping away a tear. "I'll always be here to support and defend you baby, you know that." I say. "I love you." He says. "I love you too." I reply as he leans down and kisses me.