Oscar Piastri- Childhood friends (part 2)

Hey, I hope you like it. I'm sorry it took so long I've been super busy. I kinda wanted to keep her as a driver, I hope you don't mind.

Our first date was amazing. Oscar took me to this small but nice restaurant near the middle of London. We shared and laughed at old memories but ever since Oscar and I got together, Robert has been very irritable and distant. I have tried to ask him what's going on but he just says to forget about it and he walks off.

I walk down the apartment building, towards Oscar's apartment. I hear yelling but I don't know where it's coming from. I walk into the apartment and find that I walked in on Robert and Oscar in the middle of yelling at each other. "What's going on here?" I ask. "Nothing." Oscar says. "Forget it." Robert says, pushing past me and walking out the apartment. I tried to ask him but would not tell me what the fight was about.

Those yelling matches increased until I couldn't take it anymore. The day I found them yelling in the middle of the paddock I walked up to them, the anger evident on my face. "Ugh." Robert sighs and trudges off leaving me with my boyfriend. "I can't do this anymore, tell me what's going on or else I'm leaving." I yell at him after months of enduring their arguing. Oscar stands there, silent. "I knew it. We're done. Relationship, friendship. Everything. Maybe tell Robert that too, during one of your fights. I can't deal with this anymore. Goodbye Oscar." I say walking to the team to tell them I'm leaving and saying goodbye to my team. I have been talking to another team about moving there next season and I quickly make my way over there, hoping moving away from Oscar and Robert will help things get back to normal.

After signing with that team, I continue with for them the next season and the season after that, ignoring Oscar and Robert as much as possible. I haven't spoken a word to them. That was untill I got the call up to the Alpha Tauri team thanks to me being part of the Red Bull junior team. Coincidentally this was the same time Oscar was called up to the Alpine team and Robert to the Alfa Romeo team.

This was going to be fun.

I walk into the 2024 F1 paddock for the first time as an F1 driver. Ready for winter testing. I walk past the Alfa Romeo garage, my eye just catching Robert talking to a team member. I ignore him and continue on. Making my way into the white and navy garage. As the first female driver in formula one for many years that means I'm currently getting a lot of media attention. After being bombarded at the paddock gates the garage is quite quiet.

I jump into the car and check that the setup is correct. Eventually everything is good to go and I'm waved out of the garage. "Wow." I quickly say to myself as I exit the pit lane of the Spanish circuit.

After many laps and discussions with the team, it's lunch time. I walk out the garage, looking down at my phone. When I bump into a wall. Or what I though was a wall. "Oh I'm so sorry." I say. "No it's my fault." The familiar voice says, my head snapping up. "Oscar?" I say softly. "Woah." He says. "Hi." I say, trying not to make it awkward. "Hi." He replies. "So how've you been?" I ask. "Good. Finally got the call up to F1. I see you have too, congrats." He says.

"Thanks, you too. Listen Oscar. I have been thinking about how we left things and I feel bad for just walking out and not at least trying to fix it." I say.

"No. It's my fault. I should have just told you what Rob and I were fighting about. Robert has had a crush on you for years and he told me and was extremely upset when he found out we were dating. Even after I told him that I have also liked you for years. So I'm sorry about the way it all happened. It's all my fault." He says, running his hands through his hair. I take a deep breath, comprehending everything. "Ok. So where do we go from here." I ask him. "Friends?" He suggests. "Friends." I confirm, giving him a small hug.