Max Verstappen - DNF

I sit in the back of the garage. Watching the live feed as all the cars make their way around the Sakhir Grand Prix circuit for the formation lap. Max is starting third after an interesting qualifying session yesterday. "Come on Max, you can do this." I say to myself as the first red light turns on.

The lights turn off and the cars quickly making their way off the grid. George quickly takes first place from Bottas, and moves ahead. Max tries to overtake but is forced to hold back, at risk of contact. As they round the fourth corner, Sergio crashes into Charles, causing them to spin off and collect Max in the process. "No! Damn it!" I yell along with the rest of the team. Throughout the free practices, Max looked like the favorite to do well this weekend. Now that has come to an end, with him in the barrier.

I sit down on the chair behind me, upset about what just happened. I feel a hand on my shoulder. "It will be fine. It wasn't his fault. You might have to calm him down though." Christian says to me. I nod and wait for Max to return.

I hear people talking and look up to see Max storming past all his engineers. "Hey babe." I say as he passes me but he only looks in my direction. I can tell he is upset. I follow him slowly to his driver room. He slams the door behind him. I wait a few seconds before softly knocking on the door. "It's only me." I say, knowing he would recognize my voice.

The door opens a little and I slip in, closing it behind me. Max's helmet and baklava thrown on the floor. He huffs and sits down on the couch. I pick up his helmet and place it on the table. The silence is deafening. "Ugh that fucking dude just turned in on him. And I wasn't even part of it. And now I am out and he is still carrying on. This is Bullshit." Max yells. "I know it is." I try to sympathize with him. "No you don't! You don't know what it's like to be hyped up the whole weekend as a possible race winner and then to crash out in the first lap!" He yells at me from the other side of the room. He is right, I don't know what it's like.

"I'm sorry. Say something please." Max begs, looking me in my eyes. I see his tear up a little. Swiftly I move to sit next to him. "Hey, I know it wasn't your fault. It's all going to be ok. It's not your fault and you have a right to be angry. I know you yelling at me is just the anger from the race. It's fine." I say to him as he pulls me into his lap. "I don't deserve you. You are too good for me." He says, snuggling into my neck. "If anyone, It's me who doesn't deserve you. You are an amazing man and the most amazing boyfriend. I couldn't have asked for anyone better." I say to him. He moves his head and looks at me. "I love you. Thank you for making me feel better." He says with a small smile. "That's my job," I say with a small smile "and I love you too." I continue and he kisses me.