Alex Albon- On The Job

The bell on the door at the front of the shop rings, signaling a new customer. I don't look up and continue with the customer in front of me. "And will that be all?" I ask with a smile. The lady nods and finishes paying before moving out the store. My eyes fall onto the other customer, who is currently eyeing one of our book shelves on biographies and I walk over to him.

"Is there anything I can help you with?" I question. The stranger, who is very attractive, looks up at me with a small smile. "I'm looking for books on racing drivers?" He says with a small smile. "Oh, like Formula one?" I ask. "Yes." He confirms. "Oh. This is Senna's and here is Lauda." I say and continue to point them all out. "You know a lot about F1?" He questions. "Yeah I used to constantly keep up with the sport but since I started studying I haven't really had time. Do you like it as well?" I ask. He laughs a little. "Yeah I love it. I have since I was a little boy." He says with a big smile before reaching behind me and grabbing a book. "I'll take this one please." He says. "Oh yeah of course." I say and move back to the register. "Anything else?" I ask. "Your phone number?" He smoothly requests. I smile and write it down on his slip before handing it back to him in the bag with his book. "Goodbye, have a great day." I say. "You too beautiful." He says before walking out the store.

A few minutes later my phone buzzes.

Hey Y/n. It's Alex, from the bookstore.

I smile and save his number before replying. Something about his face still on my mind. I do recognize him a little. But I have no idea where from.