Daniel Ricciardo - Motivation

So this one is very very long, I had lots of inspiration. Enjoy 😊

"What am I doing wrong? There has to be something I'm not doing." Daniel grumbles as he sinks down onto the couch next to me. "Hey baby. Listen to me," his eyes that are brimming with tears meet mine. I softly place my hand on his cheek and he leans into the touch. "You are doing nothing wrong, it just takes some time. You are working so hard and I'm so proud of you. It will come baby, don't worry. Remember that I love you so much and I'm so proud of you." I say to him. Dan has been having a difficult season at McLaren so far, he's been struggling and it's getting to him.

He wraps his arms around me, snuggling his head into my neck. My arms wrapping around him. "Thank you babe, you always know the right thing to say. I love you too." He mumbles into my neck and we sit there in each others arms. "What if we go away for the winter break. We get away and completely forget about all this. Just you and me?" I suggest. He lifts his head that displays a small smile. "I think that's the best idea ever." He says and leans in, kissing me.

After spending two weeks in California where we spent time as just the two of us. We went hiking, we went to the beach, we went cycling in the mountains. Those two weeks were amazing. At one point we turned off our phones for a few days, closing us off from the world. All those adventures we had really took our minds off everything. Since we have been back, Daniel has been going to the MTC everyday and I can tell the holiday was good for him.

We arrive at Spa the morning of the race. "This rain looks like it's here to stay." I say and Daniel tucks me closer under his arm as we walk down the paddock, covered by an umbrella. "Yeah. Let's hope it clears up in time for the race." Dan smiles as we carefully walk up the ramp to the McLaren hospitality center.

The race start is abandoned and the cars roll back into the pit lane. I take off the headphones I was handed and wait for Daniel to return. The mechanics run or the garage to attend to the car, a few minutes later a very wet Daniel trudges into the garages. He walks over to me with a smile and opens his arms. "I love you babe but I'm not hugging you until you put some dry clothes on." I say, crossing my arms with a small smile on my face. "Are you sure?" He asks, moving towards me with a cheeky smile. "I swear if you hug me right now I will not talk to you for a week." I say seriously and that shuts him up and he is instantly out the garage to go change.

A few minutes later Daniel waltzes back into the garage and heads straight for me. "You promised." He said and I walk over and he wraps me in a hug. "I love you." He whispers. "I love you too." I whisper back.

An hour later Daniel and I are arm wrestling on one of the desks in the garage. We have a small crowd which includes the McLaren employees and many cameras. "Come on babe, gimme all you got." Daniel cockily says. "This is all I have." I strain, pushing all my weight into my hand as I try to tip his hand over but then I have an idea. I look at him in his eyes and lightly bite my lip. His strength falters and I take the chance, pushing his hand over. "Yes! I win." I yell with a massive smile and Daniels engineers cheer. "Hey, you boys are supposed to be on my side." He says with a smile, placing his arms around my shoulders. "Check we even made the tv." I say pointing to the screen, I find the camera and wave. "Cheater." Daniel whispers into my ear, making me giggle.

The flight from England to the Netherlands feels super long because Daniel is fast asleep on my shoulder. He has been working hard this week to prepare for this weekend so I let him sleep as long as he can. I smile at our intertwined hands that rest on his lap. "He really loves you. He always talks about how much of an inspiration you are and how you keep him going." Lando speaks up from the seat on the other side of the plane. "Really? I didn't know that." I reply looking back at the sleeping boy on my shoulder. "He never shuts up about you. It's kind of annoying actually." Lando says which makes me smile.