Gravity Falls(2)

Dipper POV

I closed the file for the end of the day, there was so much catch up to do before I could even think about joining my new team. Even after a whole day of reading the reports I still couldn't wrap my head around the fact that, with all this the GF PD still has nothing on the guy the files refer to as Yellow. I also found that this was a little bit silly for a man like this. But in the report sightings of this man each say he was clothed in a yellow trench coat like jacket. So in the end I guess it's fitting.

I was too tired to care by the time I finished my first read through of all the files.

Pushing away from the desk in my new office I stretched out. Nothing was really moved in yet, I still didn't have my things from home shipped over, yet the day after getting into town the work began.

No rest for the weary right?

It was pretty late and unlike home, everyone here seemed to have a set bedtime, and it was way past that now at 12:36, I was one of very few people left in the building.

Mentally exhausted I decided it was time to head back to the shack, still needing to actually move into the space they rented out to me. The "shack" was simply called a shack, in actuality it was a three story building on the edge of town, it's old and kinda falling apart but Grunkle Stan refuses to part with it and still uses the first floor for his shop "Mystery Shack". The two floors above are where he and my sister, who moved to the city a few years before I did. They have both moved their things from the third floor to give to me, I was against it but they insisted.

When I made it into town yesterday I only brought my boxes in, I hadn't started unpacking and if I wanted to get a good night's sleep tonight I would have to start.

On my way out I locked my office behind me and waved good night to those few burning the midnight oils as well.

The shop lights were out but a few lights on the second floor shined through the windows. Quickly I parked in my new spot around back, it was just around the street but Grunkle Stan said the spots up front had to stay open for customers, instead he gave me the spot round back that was easily accessed through a small alley between us and our neighbor. I slipped quickly between the doors, disarming then rearming the alarm. Quickly I made my way to the back steps through the dark, I wasn't afraid of the dark but I also wasn't completely used to the shop yet or the weird things my Grunkle kept and sold in it. On the second floor platform I could hear people milling around inside.

"Dipper! Welcome home!" Mabel shouted, coming at full speed around the corner at me before I could even reach down to untie my shoes. She threw her arms around my shoulders and squeezed the life out of me. Even though I dropped off my things and had slept here last night, I didn't get to see her. I dropped my bag from my shoulder and returned the hug.

"Hey, you didn't have to stay up for me." I laughed prying away from her death grip when I could no longer breathe.

"Yes I did, I missed you coming in yesterday and I wasn't gonna miss you again today." she hissed finally letting go of me.

"I'm moving in, you will have plenty of time to see me from now on." I laughed, taking off my shoes.

"You're so difficult, go on, get out of those clothes then meet me in the kitchen I wanna hear all about your day and why you got home so late on your first night!" she demanded bouncing away to whatever she had been doing in the kitchen. I chuckled again, this was definitely something I missed when she moved. Taking my bag up from the ground I made my way up to the third floor, flicking on the main room lights on my way up the stairs.

The third floor was pretty small but enough for one person, the main room right up the stairs was basically a mini living room attached to a small but usable kitchen. Off that there were only two other rooms, a bedroom with a small bathroom and a smaller room that I plan to set up as an office. At the moment all my boxes are stacked in the center of the main room, thankfully the boxes in which I packed my clothes were on top of the stack. It only took me a few minutes to find comfier clothes than my suit.