Divide(35)

Dipper POV

The ride to the hospital was a burr of information, Hestia had been found and we started going over what we knew of her disappearance. The night of the attacks she was the only one in a different station than us. The station she was in was burned to the ground, and a lot of good men and women died, their bodies are still being identified and processed. The assumption was she had died with them, but we still had search teams out for her and other missing officers, that same search and rescue team had just found her half dead on the side of the road.

As much as every bone in my body screamed to go to the scene instead of the hospital, Wendy and everyone else insisted on making sure she was ok first.

Instead I had the crime scene photographers and the first responders on the phone to get as much information as I could.

Though begrudgingly, they didn't have much.

She was found barely clothed and none of her personal belongings were with her.

Her wounds showed that she had been held for several hours but definitely nowhere near the drop of site. Other than her, not a blade of grass was out of place.

The nurses and the doctors were just as lost as we are. There was not an identifying mark on her, even with all the open wounds and bruises there was no DNA other than her own and no fingerprints on her skin or what was left of her clothes.

Hestia herself was barely in and out of it. "Hestia!" Wendy sighed checking over her. "Can you tell us what happened?"

Hestia smiled briefly at Wendy before it curtailed into a pained frown. She barely looked around the room at the rest of us, her eyes landing on Leo and she gave a soft noise that was probably a laugh. "Replace me, already?" Her voice was the only thing about her that was strong.

"No no, This is Detective Leone, his case crosses with ours so he's here to work on it alongside us." Wendy explained, "I don't know how much you've heard, but a lot has happened."

Hestia pushed herself up in the bed, "Tell me."

Wendy and Robbie launched into an explanation of everything that happened since we saw her last, on the promise that she would tell us what happened to her.

My phone rang, at first I ignored it but on the second call I figured it was Mabel and she wouldn't stop calling till I answered.

I let myself out and into the hallway to take the call, I didn't even have to look at the name on my screen to know, "Mabel this is not a good time."

"I know I know I know. You're at work and I'm not supposed to call you when you're at work BUUUUUUUTTT, I just wanted you to know whooooo is at the house right nowwww!" She was laughing though each word and I could hear giggling in the background. "Say Hiiii!"

I could hear the phone pass from her to someone new.

"Hey there Detective." Bill basically purred, Mabel cackled in the background.

"What are you doing in my house." It wasn't a question, after a moment of just laughter on the other end I decided I did not have time to mess around with them, "I don't care, have fun with my sister."

"I'm not into women like that." He said with full seriousness before I could hang up on them.

"Gross, please get out of my house."

"Come and make me."

"Absolutely not, I'm going back to work." I hung up this time before it could go any further.

"Hey who was that?" Leo asked, peeking around the doorway.

"Just Mabel." I groaned, shoving my phone back in my pocket. "Come on, back in we go."