Firefight(25)

Hestia POV

The timing was perfect, beautiful red flames licking at my heels as I walked through what was the fourth street police station and the first station on the list.

Gorgeous was the scatter of men and woman, flawless was the teamwork and permission of my people who came in with grace and perfection in every movement they made.

First the pigs where flushed out of their little pin, yelling and squawking rage full noises that quickly where drowned out by a melody of gun fire, aimed everywhere but the people. If a cop was to die today Cipher made it clear that it will not be on our on hands, now, the hands of another cop in cross fire was more than welcome. Oh how easy it was to waltz the slow bumbling men and women into turning their guns on their own people.

Inhaling smoke felt like a shot of heroin, deep in my lungs and chest, blinking the sing of ash from my eyes.

I could feel my phone buzzing in my back pocket, no doubt the pigs still trying to get ahold of me. Annoyed by the never hum of the phone I removed it, barely looking at the unsaved number, and tossed it into the flames.

"Mama." a goon of ours called from the edge of the heat, "We should get moving, the fire station are on their way and we got all we came for."

I sighed, a bit sad I have to leave the warm fire so soon, but if I stayed and got caught Bill would kill me and not in a fun way. I walked out of the rubble. My goon held his arm out for me, helping me step out of down what was left of the entry stairs.

Beyond the flames and screaming sirens was one unmarked black car, waiting by the door was another member is a plan black hoodie and jeans. He opened the door for me, "Mama." he nodded and I slipped into the back seat, both of them taking the front seats.

"For you." The man in the passenger seat passed me a phone.

I flicked it on, there's only one phone number in the contact history. I only had to wait through two rings before he picked up.

"Pyronica, I hear that the first play date went famously?" Bill cipher hummed.

"It did boss, I really think they will invite us back soon. In fact, they gave us some really nice gifts. We left some of our own to show our appreciation of course." I purred looking back at the glowing flames.

"Great call me again when you get home, I'm picking up something for dinner." He hung up.

I put the phone down in my lap.

"To the next station, I wanna see how everyone's doing," I said and the driver nodded.

The day just beginning.

Bill POV

Calling off lunch with Dippers family was easy, all I had to do was releases my men on the pig pens and Dipper was off meaning I didn't have to sit in the same room as a conman who could make me.

Instead of going to the Pine's place I made my way to the office. Building is almost empty save the few smart asses I leave in charge of operating missions like this, their job was to take out the security measure of any building we wanted into and to take out any type of surveillance system that could get us into some trouble.

Many of them where focused preparing for the next hit, and others where laughing at their screens, with their job done they could now sit back and enjoy the show.

I passed them all, some of them looked up but most didn't. I made my way up to my office, the vid links to all the stations already sitting open on my computer. I've never been one to just watch from the sidelines, I love being right in the mess of it all. Up close and personal is much more my speed.