Breakfast and Coffee(3)

Dipper POV

The next morning came faster than it should have after the night before, it felt as if I had only closed my eyes for a few minutes before my alarm went off at 6:30am.

However, the lovely smell of pancakes cooking soon hit my room giving me enough reason to actually get out of bed. Quickly I pulled myself from my covers following the smell down the stairs to the kitchen.

"Good morning," Mabel hummed, dropping a mountain of pancakes on the table, "Coffee's in the pot."

"God how much I missed you at home." she laughed.

I poured us both a cup of coffee, more cream than coffee for her and only a few splashes of milk for me. Setting hers down across from me I grabbed an extra plate and started making my own pile of pancakes from the mountain she was building in the middle of the table.

"Grunkle Stan joining us?" I asked, stepping over to the cabinet in search of syrup.

"No he sleeps in a lot, I tend to open shop in the mornings. I'll leave a few for him." she answered, turning off the pan to make her own plate of breakfast.

Bringing back the syrup to the table I sat down with her two eat.

"Thank you." I hummed and she returned the sentiment before we both dug in filling our bellies.

When the plates were empty I took them up for us to wash, Mable quietly finished off her coffee at the table watching me.

"Remember you have to come by the shack at lunch to meet Pacifica, she really wants to meet you too." she said when her cup was empty, joining me at the sink she rinsed it out.

"Yeah yeah I'll be back I promise." I mhmed taking the cup from her and putting it in the dishwasher with the rest of our dishes.

"So you mentioned helping Stan with the shop?" I asked, she had come to Gravity Falls cause a lot of her friends moved here, and when she moved in with Stan I just assumed she stayed unemployed going through school.

"Yeah, basically me and this guy Soos run the place for Stan cause he's getting to be an old grouch of a man." she explained jokingly, Stan's old but I don't think I would call him a full time grouch.

"Your classes?" I asked.

She nodded, "My classes are all night and evening, so I just help out in the mornings. Actually.." she smiled slyly, "You knooowww, now that you live here, you could help out with the shop on your day off?" she bummed her hip into mine as she backed away to finish up cleaning the kitchen.

"Oh, you think I get days off?" I joked, I already planned to help with the shop as much I could while staying here with my Grunkle.

"I know matter of factly you do." she flicked a towel at me.

I laughed and jumped away a little, "Yes yes I will help with the shop!"

She smirked and put her hands on her hips, rag still in hand, "Good, now off you go! Go to work!"

I broke down laughing, quickly dodging another flick out the door and back up the stairs to get ready for the day.

Bill POV

I woke up to my phone buzzing, no matter how hard I tried to ignore it the stupid thing wouldn't stop going off.

"Boss! Boss!" Eight shouted the moment I clicked reply.

"What, what, what! It is too early in the morning for this. I don't even have anything to actually do today till 12 so Why are you calling me at 7 in the morning." I growled rolling on to my elbow.