Long Nights Lead to Longer Mornings(22)

Wendy POV

With Robbie's help going though and gathering files was easier, we went through larger cases and the people he worked with then we hunted down as many people outside of that he might have interacted with while there.

When people started coming in to start they're days we moved to Robbie's so called lair, an old computer lab he upgraded to his own personal tech room.

"As much as I love hunting down civilians and old criminals rooting in jail, I don't think it's anyone from his past. I saw him acting off too, I think it's someone he knows now. From either here in Gravity Falls or someone in California." Robbie muttered as he closed several tabs on his computer from Nevada and New York cases.

"Yeah, I mean the only other place we know the 4th circle to have possibly been was California, but even that's a guess." I muttered back downing another cup of coffee, I had paper files littered on the floor around me.

"Ok so starting here; we have us, his sister Mabel Pines, his grand uncle Stanley Pines, Commander Corduroy." He said with a smile on his face, I shot him a warning glare, "Right, Oh and Mabel is often with a girl named Pacifica Northwest and her adopted brother Bill Cipher."

"Cross out Mabel and the other girl, we already know Yellow is an adult man." I said and we both made notes on our own papers.

"That means we can cross off the old man too? We've heard Yellow's voice and eye witness statements make Yellow out to be a man in his late 30's, there's no way this 80 year old man could be him right?" He said turning his computer screen to me, he had opened several tabs of police reports and files on a man who was definitely a wanted felon in several states.

"Even though his record could fit the bill, yeah I think taking him off is best. Unfortunately it's way too old." I sighed, closing some of the folders and files around me.

"That leaves us with... Bill Cipher." he hummed, moving his tabs around and pulling up pages on Bill Cipher.

I had very little hard files on the guy so I crawled over my other papers to peer over his shoulder at his screens.

"Who is this guy? Says he's been living in gravity falls for almost 5 years and he's got his own business here, but I don't recognize him at all." I muttered leaning all my weight into his chair, the coffee was no longer doing it's job.

"Yeah, I don't recognize him either, but well he does kinda fit the profile right?" He mutters scrolling through Ciphers record, "36, white male who's been here for about as long as the 4th Circles has been active, runs his own company so he's got all the free time and money inflow he needs. And His record kinda corresponds with the crimes we can tie to the 4th." He opened the police files. Petty theft and small break in crimes from before the Northwest family adopted him. He was only a boy though, trying to live on the streets."

"How depressing." I sighed. "Did he stop when the family took him in?" I asked, trying not to think of such a young child on the streets alone.

"Mhm mostly yeah, after the first year and half it did." He said checking the later records, "None of which he was old enough to be arrested for and when living with the Northwest it looks like they bailed him out of any nights in juvey he might have spent."

Backing out of the police reports he pulled up financial files, "Looks like the Northwest supported his move to California where he started his business that is simply described as 'tech support' which had been the base of his income ever since."

"Tech Support?" I asked.

"Yeah that's all that comes up, it's really frustrating."

"So he's been in both Gravity Falls and California. Hey, did he and SSA Pines know each other in California?" I asked knowing that it couldn't be that easy but there's always hope.