Cool Off to Heat Up(10)

Bill POV

It wasn't till very late that night that Pyronica found her way to my office, by that time I was bored, oh so bored, but maybe she'll have something that makes my day more invigorating.

She lowered her head when she entered, humming a hello, I've known this woman for a long time and she's done this every time she enters a room with me. She closes the door behind her and takes only a few steps into the room.

"Hello Pyronica, how was work today?" I hummed like someone welcoming they're spouse home.

She, like always, plays house with me, "Oh like every day," she mocks dropping a briefcase and hanging her jacket, "I met my new boss today."

I mhmed standing slowly from my chair and rounding the desk I lean into her gaze, "Was he nice to you?"

A sly smile slips across her lips, "He was all work and no play, all he wanted to talk about was the case." She sighed swaying on her feet till she stood in front of me, "How boring it was, no new information just going over the same trash they always have." one hand fell to the desk beside me to support her weight almost but not leaning on me, "What is a girl gotta do for some fun today." her hair fell from it's place behind her ear, brushing over my shoulder.

"How bout tell me a little more about this new boss of yours then I find you something fun to do." I hummed meeting her eyes.

"Fair." she sighed leaning back a little, "He likes you, talked real high about you being a narcissist and smart about it."

I raised a brow at her, "Really, interesting... anything else? His name perhaps?"

She smiled, "Oh I see, Mr. New Cop has your eye... what about lunch? From what I heard you were all worked up when you came back did you meet someone?" She asked.

"No, answer my question. Now." this was the first time I dropped our little game, she made the wrong move.

She leans off feeling the game end, whatever 'tension' had been in the air died the moment the game ended, like it always had nothing more ever happened there and nothing would.

"Dipper Pines."

It was like a fucking lightbub went off, I started laughing, I couldn't help it, "Of course, of course! There wouldn't be 2 new cops in one week!" I hiss feeling more laughter bubble up.

Pryonica tilted her head, not following.

"I met him! I've met Dipper Pines. This will be interesting! Man this will be so much fun! The detective on my case," Pyronica stepped back, she looked a little confused but didn't interrupt me.

I leaned back onto the desk propping my weight up on one arm, the idea, knowing that Pines would spend his every waking hour thinking about me was almost so good. This all felt like the reason I had even come to this little slice of nowhere, excitement like this.

Stealing the heart of a man, not only to keep an old end tied and he's the cop looking for me.

"You met him today at lunch? Does that mean he's close to your sister?" She asked standing up, closing her hands in front of her.

"Yes, He was at lunch, but no, he's not close to her. However the girl she's dating is his sister. Apparently it was an 'introduce your bother' lunch." I explained thinking over again what Pines had said about his work.

"So he's met you, talked to you and seen your face, are we gonna..." she let the sentence die searching my face, I could tell she was really confused with my response to this.

"Maybe, but not for now. I'm going to see where it goes from here, I have it under control.

Now to just see him again.