Back to Work(8)

((I'm just now realizing that I didn't publish this a week ago when I finished it. oops well now you get two chapters in one night, how exciting.))

Dipper POV

The walk home fell into the same motions that the walk there had, but this time the tension was much higher. The girls ahead of us seemed completely oblivious to it though, and Bill walked calmly with his hands in his pockets practically whistling to himself.

I balled my fist and shoved them in my pockets, striding a little closer to him to keep my voice down. I hissed, "What the hell was that back there?"

He eyed me but didn't break character, "I don't know what you're talking about, that was lunch. I don't know about you but I think the girls are kinda cute together."

Greaaatt he's going to play dumb now, that's almost more annoying than the whole thing his did. "Oh really, so you just invaded my personal space all lunch on accident?"

"You seemed pretty into it at the time, and now you call it an "invasion" where you not more forward than I?" He's dropped his act now and given his full attention to me.

I can't help it, heat floods to my checks, "I only played your game to get you to stop."

"Oh really, in my experience when you want someone to stop doing something, you don't egg them on."

"You have some nerve." I hissed turning away, but I knew he could see the burn of color in my ears.

He paused, for a moment I thought he would drop the conversation, we were getting closer to the shack and I was fully prepared to let this go and never have to see this man again. But I was mistaken of course, I'm coming to learn that his way of thinking follows very little logic.

He sways on his feet a little casually dropping his right side behind me, out of view of the somehow oblivious girls ahead of us. Before I could snap at him or even move away I felt his hand slide into my back pocket.

I stiffened, feeling the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end, but just as calmly as he had always been he took his hand out of my pocket, I could feel the tips of his fingers slide up my back as he moved away.

If he wants to keep his head he better chill out.

Purely out of instinct I seized his wrist harshly turning his palm out. "Don't touch me." I hissed pinning his wrist back harder, but no matter how far I pushed he only seemed minorly phased.

"You say that now? Yet not at lunch?" he curled his fingers around in an attempt to touch my wrist, his other hand stayed in his pocket. Everything about him said he had complete control of the situation. Like a perp with they're high priced lawyer on the way.

I let go before he could push further into the grip, "Not with the girls present."

He straightened out his sleeve, like he was cleaning dust from it, "Oh and what would you do if they weren't here?"

Thank whatever may be above our heads that we round up the steps of the shack and I don't have to answer another one of his playfully mocking questions.

The girls seem to have forgotten us completely and already slipped in the doors, leaving us alone for the first time. Bill stopped in my path, blocking the doorway, "I must get back to work, do give the girls my best." If he wore a hat he would have tipped it, "And Mr. Pines, I'm looking forward to playing with you again." then in what felt like an instant he winked at me and walked away, back down the steps and opposite of the way we came. Not once did the air of arrogance falter.

I felt like one of those clips in cartoons where a character blinks one eye at a time with a blank stare. He was so confusing, he made my head spin in place, and I never had a harder time reading a person. He may seem simple on the surface, but his motivations are unclear which is more aggravating than when someone is unreadable.

I shook my head clear, he got one thing right, I have to get back to work. I can't let Bill Cipher cloud my mind for the whole day or any longer than that. I don't have time for people like him in my life, and I refuse to let him continue to have sway on me like he had today. Because he left before even stepping inside, I went in.

Mabel was posted up behind the counter, Stan must have made a run for it the moment she came back. Pacifica was leaning on the customer side of the table fully enchanted in what Mabel was talking about. When they heard the door open they both looked over at me, Mabel smiled, but Pacifica looked past my shoulder and frowned.

"He left, said he really shouldn't be running late to work." I explained as I walked up to them.

The look of confusion changed to annoyance, "Of course he did, because he doesn't care about running late to my things but he wouldn't dare be late to his precious work." she was practically growling, "Did he forget that he was my ride!"

I was taken back by her anger but Mabel simply laughed it off, resting a hand on her girlfriend's shoulder. "It's ok! I can take you home later, no worries, I know how it is." She turned her attention to me, "watch he's about to do the same thing."

I gave her a pointed look, and because she's already called me out, I turn on one heel and head for the door waving goodbye to them over my shoulder.

Bill POV

Man oh man oh man. This game was going to be so much fun, I almost lost it when he grabbed my wrist. It didn't hurt but I could feel that he intended it too. I spent the drive to HQ daydreaming about him, almost wrecked in fact, lost in the idea of that man sprawled across my floor barely breathing and covered in his own blood.

I wonder how long it will take him to find the paper with my phone number in that back pocket of his.

Like most days I was swamped the moment I made it in, people crowding at my feet for praise or direction, on any other evening I would have given into them, given all those who have earned it their praise and those who need it a strong hand. Well in more than one case, a stronger boot. But today, today I pushed past all of them stepping on them, the same images continued to plague my thoughts. If I had gone in the shop, or if lunch went on any longer I would have followed through with those impulsive ideas that clawed at my nerves in stung in my veins. I needed something, I needed to do something to clear my head, anything. The old man recognizing me in the shop is not my only problem right now.

Once in my own private office I had more options at my disposal. With a single call I could have anything, anyone I wanted. I ran a hand through my hair, undoing the buttons down my jacket than the vest letting both fall thoughtlessly to the floor.

My phone in hand I called apon a number I haven't made use of in a while. "Yes boss?"

"I need someone here in my office now." I hung up, they didn't need anymore than that to understand.

My desk stood clear, I had never been a fan of paperwork so I kept it out of my space. Out of sight out of mind. I perched on the edge waiting for my plaything to come to me, that's when an idea filled my head, along with the images of Pines, a memory of a knife. That same feeling set fire again through my head and I quickly reached over the desk into one of the drawers for the blade. Once in hand I spun the tip against my pointer finger, when it drew blood I smiled, I knew exactly how to clear my head.

__________________________________________

I just want all of you to know I was extremely conflicted on if I should write the actions taken by him to "clear his mind". I've decided against doing so but still I want yall to understand where I'm at with this. Bill doesn't actually have sex with the who he called for, he just hurts him, like cuts him up some. I honestly haven't decided if he kills him or not, tho I'm leaning towards not.