Get to Know(4)

Dipper POV

I walked in to work that morning and made a B-line to the office room with the coffee machine. Someone else was already in the room when I got there. A woman around the same high as me with light red hair and a simple dark suit already stood over the machine.

"See I'm not the only one who needs one of those in my office." I said coming up behind her.

She only hummed seemling unphased by the new presences in the room, "I think I could die happy with a coffee maker at my desk, not to mention how much work I would get done." She laughed lightly, only turning to face me when her cup was full and she was mixing in what every creamer packet she picked. "Oh you the new guy right? I'm Wendy Corduroy." She held out her free hand for me.

"Mason Pines, but just call me Dipper." I asked, shaking her hand. She stepped to the side so I could pour myself a cup.

"Pines... oh oh you're-" She laughed, "Nice to meet you, you're my new boss." She sat down at the break table gesturing to the other seat for me.

"I guess, but really you don't have to call me that, I'm not really used to being the leader figure." I sighed pouring some creamer into my cup.

"Yeah, fair but as long as you're the one dealing with Cap I'm happy." she laughed again, I don't think this is her first cup, or maybe she's one of those rare morning people.

"Oh yeah, Captain Lowsmith." He was around the same age as my Grunkle and almost as grouchy, from when I met him, he seemed almost smug about passing off the fourth circle case to me.

"Sooooo what are you're thoughts, Robbie and I have been on this case for forever and are basically stumped, we had to even let it go cold for a while so we could work on our ever growing workload. It will be nice to have some new eyes on it, and with Hestia joining us that'll be nice to."

"Oh I'm going to leave those thoughts for later, right now, coffee and getting to know the new people I get to work with." I leaned back in the chair looking down into my coffee cup.

She sighed doing the same, "Heard." she said, and we sat quietly for a moment drinking our coffees and watching through the window wall over the bullpen.

"Have you read our files yet?" She asked side eyeing me, her eyes were strikingly bright green.

"I have not, why? Anything I should know?" I asked, a playful smile slipped onto her lips and she leaned forwards.

"Oh, only that I know somewhere in those files it says me and Robbie have "relationship issues" and that is simply not true." she put her almost empty cup down on the table, lacing her figures together under her chin.

I leaned in, "Relationship issues?"

"We went to the same high school, and dated at the time. We both grew up here in Gravity Falls and have known each other for as long as I can remember. But none of that affects how we work, and we have moved long passed that time in our lives. It's not even relevant to be in there." She explained, eyeing the bullpen again, like talking about him would make him appear.

"How long?" I asked, her eyes trailed back to me.

"Mhm?"

"How long did you two date?" I clarified.

She took a deep breath, "About 2 years, on and off."

Been there done that. I nodded, "And Hestia, what's to know about her?" I asked, changing the subject.

"Oh I don't know really I've only worked a couple of cases with her, but I know she took interest in this case the moment it popped up. She regularly works undercover ops though.. I don't know, maybe Cap thought that her experience could be helpful." she explained though I could see her relax when I changed the subject.