Heart(30)

Bill POV

I don't think I have ever driven so fast in my goddamn life. His hand was on my leg, he kissed me. Fan-fucking-tastic this was going better than it ever could have. Showing up was merely a whim of mine, the text was simply to keep his attention on me, but really showing up was not planned.

In a much shorter time, than it should have taken, I moved quickly to his side, planning to help him out as I had helped him in but he was already halfway out of the car, but he reached for me. I took his hand in a blink.

It felt fitting, in an odd way. Dipper Pines is a fascinating oddity.

The walk from the driveway to my living room was a blur, my attention glued to Dipper who still swayed slightly on his feet next to me. I would have taken him to the bedroom but he latched onto the couch. "Dipper, you should get some rest." I muttered as he slipped off my arm to the leather cushions.

"I'm not sleeping in your bed." He muttered, turning his face into a pillow resting on the arm.

It wasn't the answer I was expecting, his tone caught me off guard, I laughed, "Ok, but just so you know I wasn't going to do anything, the bed is just comfier than the couch."

He shook his head almost drunkenly, "No, I'm comfy here. Better than the floor."

"Oh you still got jokes in you then?" I asked, trying to hide my amusement and failing.

But he didn't answer, with closer inspection he was asleep completely dead to the world. Quietly I made my way around the room, closing the currents over the windows, turning on the kitchen light and starting myself a pot of coffee.

Brown hair tufted over the edge of the couch, just enough to see the curls hang from their normal place. How someone so small and, docile, could have such a strong pull, attraction.

As the coffee boiled I knelt down on the ground next to the sleeping man who now took up my full love-seat couch. He looked at peace, sort of, he still had a notch in his brow like he was still thinking too hard about something and his lip was turned down with thought. But aside from that, he looked softened, his body relaxed by the force of sleep.

Carelessly, thoughtlessly maybe, my fingers found their own way to the brown waves above his brow, moving them away from his eyes. I studied him, I couldn't wrap my head around why I had become so obsessed with this man. There's not much special about him, young and pretty, wicked smart yet closed off, like his knowledge is something it can't be shared, he's got small marks just a bit larger than freckles dotting across his forehead, seven to be exact.

Sharply his hand shoots out and wraps around my wrist. Shock shot threw me but I didn't pull away, his eyes were still closed and the hold on my hand was loose, most likely just a reflex of sleep. Staying perfectly still I waited for something more to happen, soon his hand slipped from around my wrist and I pulled back from his face, his arm swayed limp off the edge of the couch.

A soft ping from the kitchen, barely having heard it through the tight hold the sleeping figure had on my thoughts. Some small part of my brain had been spared the intoxication of his sleeping face, reminding me of the pot of coffee I had put on.

Slowly I stood from my place on the carpet, keeping my eyes on him for as long as I could before entering the kitchen to be met with the smell of fresh hot coffee. Quickly I fixed myself a full cup and returned to the living room, again sitting down on the ground next to Dipper's head.

Sipping my coffee I leaned back next to his arm, facing the far windows to watch the city lights below. I can imagine my men drinking and celebrating the hall in all open bars, cheering on one another while downing shot after shot. Many of them parting at home as well, playing with whatever new toys they found. I can also see the tried pigs returning home in defeat, thinking "can't catch them now". That thought brought a smile to my face, no pigs no you can't catch me now.