Midnight Hour(18)

Bill POV

I spent several hours with Pyronica when she finally couldn't help herself. She snooped through the things on my desk, letting our conversation die. So I explained my plan to her, I could see excitement in her eyes but she held it enough to pelt me with questions going over every little thing that could go wrong. When she felt satisfied that it could actually work she started getting excited adding her own ideas and info to my notes.

With an insider's perspective I refined my plan to rob the Police Station.

I went home around 1 am, dropping my briefcase on the couch while shrugging off my coat and shoes. B-lining for my shower I stripped from the couch to the bathroom leaving a trail of discarded clothes behind me. Once feeling clean and done with what I need to do in the comfort of my own shower, I turned the water off and wrapped a towel around my hips.

The lights in the rest of my house were still out, I hadn't bothered to turn any on when coming in. So the beacon of my phone lighting up on the floor lit half the room drawing me to it. My phone had been dropped when my pants had been. It must have fallen out of my pocket now laying face up on the floor.

Someone was calling me, a string of numbers instead of a contact name was prominently placed in the center of the screen.

A California area code. California area code. With a wide smile I swiped the phone up and answered the call.

"My, My, My who could be calling me this early in the morning I wonder, this must be very important if it couldn't wait for the sun to rise." I practically sang before he could get out a word.

"I wasn't sure if you'd be awake." my new little detective answered without introducing himself by name.

"Did you miss me? Lying awake in bed till you couldn't stand not laying with me?" I asked crossing to perch on my couch watching out the windows at the sleeping Gravity Falls, knowing somewhere Pines had been thinking of me enough to call me.

"I just left work, don't flatter yourself." He hissed and I could hear him shuffle around his things then I heard a car engine start. "You're making me regret calling you."

"Aww come on, tell me detective why'd you call me. Do you miss me, need some way to unwind?"

"No-"

"So then you need my help solving the case!"

"No!" he hissed, "No, no that's not why I called you just shut up."

"Tell you what, Why don't you come over to tell me why you really called me." I hung up before he could talk back and texted him the address before shutting off my phone, plunging my living room back into darkness.

Dipper POV

I'm not sure why I felt the need to call him, he had been in my head all day and stupidly I thought calling him was appropriate. He's not like my sister. I can't just call him and talk my thoughts through.

But I still have Mabel's phone number.

"Hey bro are you ok?" she answered, sounding half asleep and I could hear the tv playing loudly in the background.

"I'm alright, did you stay up for me?"

"Trying too. Today was really long though, what time are you getting home anyways?"

"I'm leaving work now, I just wanted to have you talk me out of something stupid first." I sighed watching as more people left my building to head home as well.

"You, Dipper Pines, very important super detective, do something stupid? Never." she laughed.

"Yes yes I know, how out of character for me," I rolled my eyes, if I had to tally up every time we've gotten the other out of trouble, Mabel would win. "Talk me out of going to Bill's apartment."