Back Online(48)

Dipper POV

I was waiting in his bed for him, I could hear him in the kitchen, I could also hear my phone buzzing on the nightstand. I'd been ignoring it all day and I was planning to continue to ignore it till at least after dinner, maybe longer.

I turned onto my back, breathing through the aching in my bones. My whole body was exhausted, from my very fingertips to my toes. I was smiling though, I couldn't seem to stop, everything about today and everything about him made me smile. I could hear him humming something to himself, some song I'd never heard before.

Another buzzing, this time from Bill's phone, which rested face down next to mine. I looked over at it, I don't know why, and reached for it. His background was just a black screen, the time was displayed in military time which was so unlike him that it circled back to being exactly like him. Below the time was the message from a sender nicknamed;

Pyronica - It worked right? You didn't come back, is your little play thing that entertaining?

"Dipper?"

I jumped out of my skin, "Yes?" I shouted back, hurriedly putting the phone back on the bedside.

He appeared in the doorway, only in a pair of boxer briefs that I'd forced him to put on so he wouldn't be walking around in the dark naked again. "Do you prefer tomato sauce or alfredo?"

Calming down the pounding in my chest, "Alfredo please." His smile was contagious, as it always is. He left as quickly as he came, continuing the tune he was humming. I dropped back into the soft blankets with a groan. What does it mean, why did I have to look at it.

I lay face down in the sheets for a little bit longer, thinking way too hard on the meaning of "play thing" and who would talk to him like that.

He came back into the bedroom with a laugh, "what happened to you, I was only gone a minute." The bed shifted under his weight.

I forced myself up into a sitting position in order to take the bowl of incredible smelling pasta from his hands. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." He settled into the pillows next to me with his own bowl, "Do not get used to it. I do not eat in bed. But the sheets need to be washed anyway." He eyed me with a laugh, "Besides you don't seem like you're in any state of standing up. So dinner in bed."

"I will treasure it then." I laughed, expecting something else from him, but he only nodded.

We eat in comfortable conversation, about food and family, school, and anything else that you would talk about with a person you're falling in love with over dinner.

Bill POV

He is everything.

"Why did you move to Gravity Falls?" He was leaning against the headboard, the empty dinner bowl discarded in his lap in favor of the game of 21 questions we unwittingly started.

"I was looking for something." All of my willpower was focused on not touching him, "Are you originally from Gravity Falls?"

"No, my Grunkles moved here before my sister and I were even born, I'm from California." His fingers crept mindlessly along my thigh, "What were you looking for?"

"Everything"

His hair in tousled curls and waves around his face glowed softly in the warm lighting of my bedroom, "Everything of what?"

"Why did you become a police detective?" I asked, taking my turn, ignoring his extra question.

He sighed, dejected or annoyed but a smile still played on his lips, "I was good at it, solving mysteries I mean. Even in high school, I was one of those nerdy internet slothers trying to solve cold cases on reddit or the occasional active one that reddit users would reach out for help on. I went into the academy not long after earning my college degree, then with the help of an old professor I went back for my doctorate and masters. I climbed the ladder to detective really quickly because of it." his fingers stopped tracing circles against my skin and he placed his whole hand on my leg, "Everything of what?"