Footsie(7)

Bill POV

As calm as Dipper likes to act, he's quite easy to fluster.

He stared at me, holding his temper but I could feel anger and confusion behind it. I winked and mimed shushing him.

Both brows shot up, surprise over taking his calm exterior for a split second, my actions confirmed for him that this little game of footsie was no mistake. Quickly he composed himself and checked to see if either girl had taken notice of our small enter action. Dipper folded his hands placing them down on the table, he also pulled his foot away from mine under the table. The look on his face was all too easy to read, he was basically saying, "Don't. The girls." or maybe, "Stop, my sister is dating your sister."

Casually, I turned to the girls while leaning back further in my chair, to them, "So ladies, I think it's the proper time you two finally tell me and Dipper how you meet." to Dipper, I reached my leg out further, and found his foot again. This time he kicked me.

Mabel and Pacifica didn't notice, they sprung into a fight about who would get to tell the story.

Satisfied with occupying them, I turned my attention back on Dipper, who was sitting straight up in his chair, but he refused to look at me, his eyes locked on the girls, but I could tell he was still playing close attention to me. Was he waiting for me to make my next move? Well, he wouldn't have to wait long.

He pulled his legs and feet out of my reach, the table was small, but he tucked his feet back under his chair, and I would have to slide too far down in my seat to reach. So I reached my leg up, and prompted my foot on his chair between his legs. Simply balancing it on the edge of the seat.

He bit down on his bottom lip.

I studied his face closely, he had enough control to keep his checks from coloring, he held himself well enough to keep his posture relaxed. I wonder, has he been in a situation like this before? That sounded utterly annoying, it will be so much more fun when I find a breaking point he doesn't even know he has. That moment shared between only the two of us, just the thought of holding his life in my hands like that.

I might just have to take a moment to collect myself. I turned my attention back to the girls who had started telling the story I asked about.

Dipper POV

Holy Shit.

What is with this man, why does he think this is ok? We are in public, and our sisters are dating. I barely know him.

Putting all my attention on the top of the table to keep myself calm, I glare at him. He's keeping a calm face but it doesn't mask the smug air of confidence that he's practically draped over his shoulders.

I hate being on the receiving end of this man's arrogance, he was taking immense pleasure from messing with me right now and it had my head spinning.

The girls had started to trail off in their retelling of how they met. I took this as an opportunity to try and shake things up.

Turning to Bill I rested my elbows on the table putting my chin in my palms. "So what do you do for work?" ok I know I know but my sisters here. If she wasn't I would have probably asked something more invasive. Like where the hell he got the nerve to put his foot between my legs after just meeting me.

He smirked, I felt his foot shift closer, "Mostly just bossing people around, I own my company."

Ignoring that, I tried, "Interesting and what is this company of yours."

He raised a brow leaning into the table, pushing against my chair, "Why so interested?"

Breaking into our conversation, Pacifica hit her brother's arm, "It's no use he's painfully secretive about work, he always says 'it's for your own good.'" she mocked her brother, "All I could really get out of him is that it's in Cali and he runs it from here."

"I think I would actually kill Dip if he tried to keep work stuff from me." Mabel laughed leaning in too.

Bill looked like he had actually forgotten that the girls were here, he backed off a little but he still didn't move.

The only way to get him to back the fuck off, was to play his game. It didn't take me long to find his chair and plant my foot between his legs, but unlike him I skipped the edge of the seat entirely and rested the sole of my shoe on his crotch. With an easy smile I turned towards Mabel, "As much as I don't work well with others it does help to talk things over with you."

She batted her eyelashes at me, "I know right, I'm the brains to your bron." she couldn't even get the full sentence out without giggling.

I smiled back at her, "You got it in one sis." I felt Bill's foot move again, he followed my lead pressing his foot into my thigh. I tried my best to not turn to him.

But he was determined to get my attention, "Dip." His voice dripped with irritation.

"It's Dipper, she's the only one who gets to call me that." I growled.

"Chill bro, do eat him." Mabel hit my arm again.

Bill rolled his eyes, "Dipper, so you're a detective, what's your newest case on" he asked, his foot slid up my leg, in response I dug my own shoe against him.

"I don't have one just yet, I haven't even met my whole team yet." I lied, on top of not being able to talk about an open case, I just felt it would be best not to tell this man in particular about the Fourth Circle case. "Speaking off work," I pretended to check my watch, "I should really be heading back, I have a meeting soon." I said eyeing the 4 empty plates, and then as calmly as I could I drew my foot back from Bill's chair and stood from my own. Mabel bounced up from her chair next to me.

"Awwww so soon." she whined, grabbing my wrist to scrutinize my watch. "I've decided I don't like this thing and you should get rid of it."

"I'll just have to get a new one and it will say the same thing, that I should be going."

Across the table Bill stretched and followed us to our feet, "We might as well all head back for the afternoon, I have a meeting as well."

The girls gave in to the both of us and Pacifica joined us on our feet. "Come on Mabel let's get these two party poopers home so they can go back to work."

Mabel whined again but helped us pick up our mess before heading out to walk home.

______________________________________

I know I know this chapter is a little short. Buuuuutt I have no excuses and just thought that this was a good place to end the chapter. : )