After Soccer Practice(49)

Dipper POV

Leo sat in the seat across from me, Wendy to his left, Hestia to his right and Robbie hovered behind them. I found myself at a slight loss for words.

I'd come into the office this morning knowing something had gone wrong again because of how they approached me, and how Leo looked at me.

He'd told Wendy, who then told Robbie and Hestia, about some of the files put together. I'd almost shit myself when he apologized but he quickly amended that he hadn't told them about the file on Hestia.

He'd taken the files and compared them to the Strange files and others that were known associates of Strange, there he found more similarities like those found between Hestia and James Legon. When Wendy had checked in with him he told her about the connections he'd noticed between James Legon and Tad Strange.

Wendy's face was contorted in confusion, Robbie looked ready to boil over, and Hestia was the picture of calm, collected and posed.

"Why didn't you tell us about the email containing information about James Legon's DNA on Yellow's coat?" Robbie growled in open defiance.

"For the same reason you didn't tell me right away when you started digging in my personal life." I returned, tracking the high ground because, fuck him sometimes.

Leo raised an eyebrow, making me wonder how much he knew about what happened before he came on board.

My attention returned back to Hestia, who was observing, her eyes locked on me, "It's nice to have you back Hestia, there has been a lot happening. Have you been brief?" She nodded, "Good, ok well now that everyone is aware of James Legon, I'd like to dive into his history and connections. I'd also like to track him down, could someone focus on finding out where he's at right now? If he's in Gravity Falls let's bring him in." I was forcing breath in and out through my nose, ignoring the looks they were all giving me.

"There is something." Wendy spoke up, sending Robbie a pointed glance, "We brought someone in last night."

Anger nit its way into my brows, "Who?"

"Rebecca Swiney, picked her up in possession of fentanyl. It would have been nothing but when her car was searched they found one of the stolen police badges. One of the many unaccounted for from the night of the raids." Leo tapped his fingers along the arm of his chair, doing his best to avoid eye contact.

"She mentioned that a kid at school was giving them out." Hestia added, her own frustration radiating from twitching fingers. Bandages were still visible from under the edge of her sleeves. "She said she didn't know his name though."

Squinting between them I could sense one of them wasn't telling me something, which was incredibly agitating, "School?"

"She's 17. A senior at Gravity Falls High School."

"If someone at her school is just giving em out, have any other badges shown up?"

"Not yet. We've sent someone to talk to the principal and staff. They will send a message out to parents as well to turn in any lost badges." Robbie did theatrical air quotes around "lost". "If there's a student just giving them out, the principal and teachers should be able to help us sort out who." With a nod I urged them out of the office.

Rebecca sat at the same interrogation desk Bill had but she was a lot worse for wear than him. She was dressed like she just came from the gym and her hair was a mess of blonde knotted hair that looked as if she'd been taking it in and out of a ponytail over and over again. "Did she have drugs in her system when you picked her up?" I asked, she picked at her nails, eyes bouncing around the room like a pinball.