I am your Doppelgänger(42)

Bill POV

The room was still for a while, I let my head hang and folded my hands on the table. I'd been prepared for this, sort of, before Dipper, I was prepared for this room, the harsh light and large mirror and the good cop, bad cop play the pigs that caught me would play. I would have played it like this, a bit cocky like it's all a joke, then nervous when I had been sitting a bit too long, then angry for being falsely accused, and finally detached and silent as my lawyers placed the rest for me.

After all, it's worked in the past, but now with Dipper on the playing field, I'd throw that out the window.

Undoubtedly Dipper will come to see me next, standing on the other side of that mirror won't be enough, he'll come to me because he has too. Not only that but he'll be the first, he won't let the people who arrested me in till he hears my side.

They must be feeding him everything they have now to flip him against me, to speak to his reasoning. It won't work of course but they will try.

So I held still and waited, this room was a game on its own and I will come out the victor, because they have nothing and I have him.

The door opened and I didn't even look up from my hands folded on the table. He closed it behind him and sat down in front of me, without a word he put a folder on the table between us. I looked at him then, he looked tired, a bit weary. I looked to the mirror past myself and the back of his head, though I couldn't see anything other than the reflection of the gray wall behind me, someone was there watching.

The silences stretched as he searched for the right words, words that would be acceptable to the people behind the mirror.

I wanted him to speak first, 'right to remain silent' and all that, but that doesn't mean I can't make the first move. I kicked my foot out, under the table, just enough to hit his ankle without making it too obvious or having nearly as much fun as we had at brunch. It was enough for him, he jolted, just a bit, and finally looked from the file on the table to me.

He straightened his shoulders, "I want to ask you a few things." His voice was stronger than I thought it would be, but then again he's a detective and this is his domain, even faced in an odd situation he presented himself as professional.

I fell into my role, the accused, the innocent until proven guilty, at his so-called 'mercy'. Because who doesn't love a bit of reversed role play. "Anything you want you just have to ask."

He nodded, convinced, flipping open the file he pulled out a picture, the one I had one of my favorite stalkers take of us the day we met. I pretended to study it, to bunch my brows together and eye him with a frown before looking at it a bit longer.

"This is not what I was expecting." I lied.

"This, along with a letter, was addressed to me not long after we met." He didn't pull out the letter like I thought he would, still playing the good detective not sharing sensitive evidence. "Did you see anyone that stood out or was watching us and the girls?" He let a long pause seep between the statement and question, from contemplation or to watch for my response I couldn't tell.

I had seen them of course, Key had been the one I'd instructed to follow Dipper in the first place. I told him another story, "I didn't, I mean I was a bit distracted." I diverted my gaze, just long enough to make the people behind the mirror notice.

He sighed, but nodded, "I didn't think so." He flipped through the file again and pulled out another photo. This one of my jacket slung over his office chair, "Have you ever seen a jacket like this before, maybe even out shopping and touched it or maybe showed interest in it?"

It must have some of my DNA on it, oops "No, or at least not that I can remember, Pacifica used to make me go shopping with her all the time, it's possible on one of the many occasions she's dragged me out before that I could have touched that jacket ideally, but there's no way that could convict me. Did I really get arrested over a stalker photo that I am also in and a jacket I might have touched?" I was feeling pretty cocky by now, but I let my tone come off a bit defensive. Dipper's face said everything, he didn't believe for a moment that I could be Yellow and he wouldn't let me even see a judge over it. I'll be out of here quickly and have this pretty little detective all to myself.

Sadly this little convo was cut short, the door opened and the girl from my home earlier, with dull red hair in a loose braid peered in sharply at me then Dipper. "Detective, and I speak to you for a second, outside." she posed.

Dipper's jaw flexed, something I doubt anyone else would have noticed, but he nodded and stood quickly. "Sure." He practically grumbled, "why not."

I jerked, I wasn't done. I want more and I was going to get it quickly. I jumped up, my sudden movement made the woman come further into the doorway, blocking it as if she thought I would make a break for it. In reality I have no intention of leaving here alone or right now, no I jumped up to firmly place myself between Dipper and the door. To close the last gap between us, to fully turn him against them.

Before either of them could protest, I pressed my lips to his, quickly and messily I pulled back and whispered just for him, "You will never meet another person like me, and I shall never meet another person like you. No matter what anyone says."

The woman grabbed my arms, locking them behind me, I didn't struggle as she shoved me down back into the chair. I will kill her later. "Don't fucking get out of this chair again or I will cuff you." She growled before storming out, pulling Dipper, who stood flustered and frozen, by his suit jacket with her. The door slammed back into place behind them leaving me alone in this room again.

Ey-ey-ah

Bada-bam-bam-bam-bam

Bada-ba-ah

Bam-bam-bam-bam

Bada-bam-bam-bam-bam

Bada-ba

_______________________

Please tell me y'all know the song. I'm literally obsessed with Autoheart. I've listened to their music so much that in December on my Spotify wrap I was in the top 0.05% of their listeners... Anyways if you don't know what song I'm talking about or who I'm talking about I highly recommend you go check them out. My favorite song from them is hands down Look Up, Look Up (not the song used above)

Anywayyyys hope you enjoyed see ya next chapter!