Prologue

"Ai-chan, Conan-kun, have you seen the news?" Ayumi asked as they waited for Kobayashi-sensei to come back from the faculty meeting to start their first subject.

"About what?" Conan looked up from the book he was reading to Ayumi.

"It's all about Sherry Grey! My favorite!!"

Conan tensed at the name and looked at Haibara beside him but the other shrunken adult looked excited at the mention of the name.

"I know! I know! That model from expensive brands like Fusae." Haibara answered. This is one of the rare times when Haibara Ai would look like a kid – it involves anything about fashion.

"Yes! They said Sherry-san will arrive later evening."

"Wait, who is that person? Why is she even going here in Japan?" Genta asked.

"That's because she's half-Japanese, Kojima-kun. Japan is her second home." Kobayashi-sensei squealed. "I can't wait to see her in person, I'll have to do my best and if I don't do overtime, I might stalk her and maybe go to the Kudou's."

Conan's ear perked up. "Why Kudou's?"

"Conan-kun knows a lot of things except fashion ... and family." Haibara teased whispering the last two words, "That's because she's Shinichi-kun's cousin from the mother side."

Conan stood up and went through his phone, this is bad. He completely forgot, last night someone mailed him about coming to the airport. "That Sherry you're talking about is probably not Japanese who debuted in Hollywood at the age of 13?" He asked as he scrolled through his phone looking for a certain email he may received when he was just half-awake.

Haibara made a bell noise saying that he guessed right.

"This is bad, I completely forgot!" Conan yelled in panic, "Haibara, is Professor Agasa free tonight?"

"No, he's in Kyoto for a 2-day conference." Haibara answered.

"That is really bad. Uncle Mouri wouldn't be able to drive tonight because he's going to drink with his friends. I can't ask Officer Takagi." Conan was thinking his brains out to find a solution.

"What do you mean, Conan-kun?" Ayumi asked and peered over his shoulder to see what he was looking at. "Ahh! Conan got a mail from Sherry!" She saw from the name of the sender, Sherry Grey.

"What?!" Everyone around him including Kobayashi-sensei yelled.

Haibara also looked and read what Sherry had sent in English, "Make sure to pick me up or I'll end your life." She laughed, "Let us prepare you a coffin, Edogawa-kun."

Conan glared at Haibara, he whispered, "If I were Shinichi, I could do that anytime. I also forgot that she uses that name."