Chapter 28

"It's embarrassing." Takumi mumbled in his hands while his wife beside him looked indifferent, reading one of the books that was on the coffee table.

"I told you not to do it."

"But where is that bastard? Yukiko told me he's more handsome than me, I haven't seen someone like that inside the house." Takumi turned to Alice, "You think he went away when he found out we're here?"

"Why would he do that? He should be the one running after us to get our permission." The woman coldly said, "Moreover, get me some tea. I'm tired." They were considerate to not wake Shiori up since she might be tired.

"Yes." The husband obediently followed but before he could stand up to get to the kitchen, the door to the sitting room opened from the other side and there was Subaru carrying a tray of teapot and teacups.

"Ah, thank you." Takumi mumbled and looked away, fixing his small round sunglasses in the process.

Subaru went inside to place the tray on the coffee table.

Alice sighed when she saw her husband's face, "Could you please get rid of that hideous thing? I thought you already disposed it."

"No." Takumi pouted and held it in place before Alice could snatch it away. "I need to look intimidating in front of that 'Shu-chan'." He said not knowing that the 'Shu-chan' he just mentioned turned his head to look at him.

"Anything you wear will be completely useless since you act like that." Alice continued to berate.

Shuichi watched them interact. Their attitudes are both embodied by Shiori, soft sometimes, and strong on some days.

"It worked in the past, remember that Song boy?" The man said proudly at his accomplishment.

"Well, clearly you have your favoritisms." Alice glared and turned to Subaru standing at the side of the coffee table, "Oh, thank you for the tea." The woman said and took a sip. She was surprised, looking back at Subaru.

"Hey, I completely trust that Morofushi kid and Yael, that's why I didn't bother blackmailing them." Takumi continued to pout and took a cup of tea. Once he drank it, he choked, his eyes widened in shock and his head snapped to look at the man who made it.

He suddenly blushed in embarrassment. He coughed before looking back at the man, "I see that you're my daughter's boyfriend. Why didn't you tell me?"

"Yes? Well, I haven't had the chance to say it... How did you figured out?" Subaru said, trying to be polite as he wants to look nice in front of Shiori's parents.

"This tea. Only Shiori could make these taste like it." Alice answered and put the cup back to the table. "If she wakes up knowing we're here, she would greet us first before making one. Did she taught you how to do it?"