Chapter 27

Note: I rise from the dead! Hahaha, sorry, I was just busy for the exams. Thank you for voting, appreciating and adding it to your reading lists. 🤗😘

Hope everyone have a nice day! Wear your masks!

...

(Episode 781 - 783)

Yukiko and Shiori arrived in Japan at dawn. They took a taxi from the airport and yawned at the same time while watching the scenes outside.

"Ah, I'm tired." Shiori complained and leaned to her aunt.

"Me too." Yukiko whined. "The only thing that could recharge my energy is..."

"...Shuichi's face." The two said in chorus and yawned again.  

When they arrived in the mansion, no one greeted them. They knew Conan is at Professor's while Yusaku-san flew back to America. So where is Shuichi? This made Shiori worry and go inside the mansion, dragging her small suitcase inside.

Last night, Shuichi informed her through a message that the mission was a success, but why isn't he here? The batteries on their phone died before they got on the plane, so she couldn't call him.

Hurrying, she knocked on the door numerous times. Worried as she remembered what she heard when she was eavesdropping on the conversation between her uncle and Shuichi.

"You know that the best thing to do after we pull this off is to hide to another place." It came from Yusaku.

Shuichi was silent for a second but he answered the man, "Well, that would be the best but I have two reasons to stay."

Shiori couldn't see how her uncle crossed his arms and contemplated for a second, "Aside from my niece, who else is keeping you here?"

"I'm sorry but I can't answer that yet." It's Shiho. Shiori knew.

"Well, you can do that in secret but now that a PSB agent will catch up soon about our plan. Isn't it dangerous for the people around you especially my niece who is now your lover?"

When Shuichi was silent, Yusaku sighed and continued. "Well, I don't have any right to make you say your other reason but I am just thinking about my niece's safety. Either you leave or not, look after her and make sure no harm falls upon her. You get that, right Akai-san?"

After knocking for how many times, she heard footsteps inside. The door opened and was surprised when she saw a hand pop out and pulled her inside, then pushed her back against the door. 

"AHHHHH!" Shiori yelled in surprise, closing her eyes in fright and slapped the chest of that person and tried to push him away.