Chapter 12

While waiting for Haibara to call the woman, Shiori hadn't moved an inch. She still has the gun to her temple and the men around her slowly decreased leaving only six including the leader.

After an hour or so, a familiar song echoed through the empty warehouse. The leader reached on his pocket. "They were fast." He said and gave the woman her phone.

"Hold on, don't come near me." Shiori threatened, "Answer it and put it on speaker."

The leader clicked his tongue, "Ai-chan, are you safe?"

"Yes. I'm back at the house and Professor Agasa is beside me." Nothing sounds strange and she didn't use 'neechan', their code if the mob tried to deceive her.

"That's great. Ai-chan, ask-" The call ended was rudely ended by the leader.

"Now that we've delivered her, time for you give back that gun." Shiori scowled but her vision's getting blurry, is it because I'm sleepy or I'm loosing a lot of blood? 

A few seconds, she collapsed on the cold ground and when the leader sighed in relief that the hostage is now unconscious, a number of his members ran inside and yelled, "Police! We're surrounded by police!"

...

Her grey eyes opened and she realized that she was placed on the bed. She thought she was in a hospital and already safe but the leader was seating on a chair beside the bed.

"You're quite cunning." He looked ragged. "After passing out, police went inside to take you back but unfortunately for you, we managed to escape. I will be telling the boss to make sure he discipline you well."

"Discipline? I'm not a pet." Shiori said and sat up, grimacing at the pain on her shoulder. It was already wrapped but with clothes instead of a clean bandage.

"Don't bother escaping. We'll start sailing soon, don't move a single muscle muscle, I'm still waiting on what to do to you for causing the death of half of my men." The man said and went out of the room. 

Paying no mind to his words, Shiori slowly got out of the bed. This room does look like inside an expensive yacht and also the feeling of being swayed by the water.

She peeked outside and saw that the yacht is still moored on the pier but Shiori couldn't see where she is and how much time had passed.

The door slammed open and Shiori was thrown back to the bed. The leader looked like he was possessed but what frightened the woman was the hammer he was carrying and the men behind him.

"The boss said, that a doll should stay exactly where they are left." 

Shiori was terrified to say anything and tried to run away from them but the room was small and there was no place she could run.