Chapter 43

The sun hasn't risen but Shiori had already taken a bath and was looking at the mirror while brushing her teeth. She just blows dry her hair after the early morning action with Shuichi. My knees are raw red from kneeling. She pouted but wouldn't complain as she enjoyed it as well.

Going out of the bathroom, she saw Shuichi, sitting on a chair comfortably and smoking beside the open window. So he's still smoking.

Sneakily walking towards his back, her barefoot walked with silence in each step as she pulled her bathrobe closer to her body. Once she reached him, she put her lips beside his ear, then yelled at the top of her lungs, "WHATCHA LOOKIN AT?!"

"Oh fuck." Shuichi fell down the chair but his cigarette is tightly secured between his fingers.

She let out a victorious laugh, seeing Shuichi's surprised face and his current startled stance on the chair with only his boxer and dark blue robe.

"Shiori, don't surprise me like that." Shiori laughed and sat down on his lap once he sat back up and leaned on the backrest. 

"Well, you surprised me, I don't know you still smoke." She answered him and grabbed the stick from his lips and tried inhaling but it didn't take her a second before she coughed it out.

Shuichi chuckled, poking her forehead while he take back the stick and put it down the tray. "And don't you dare smoke."

Shiori kept on coughing but she was able to say, "But you can?" 

"I'm lacking sleep, I have an excuse." He said, rubbing her back and offering her his glass but quickly realized it was bourbon and not coffee, so he placed it back down the table and just continued rubbing her back. 

"Your excuse is invalid since it was you who started this instead of taking a cold shower." She pouted and childishly poked his forehead back. Shuichi accepting her words and still regaining strength, let his head be pushed back. "And I'm also lacking sleep," She whispered at the end, her head resting on his shoulder.

Shuichi just chuckled and embraced her, his left rubbing her back, while the right caressed her hair. 

She suddenly remembered something and pulled away, "Shu! Ai-chan said they're going out today, can I go?"

He doesn't let her go out without his company - Shuichi doesn't know why but he feels something bad would happen if Shiori is left alone with no one to protect her.

His eye twitched, trying to change the topic, he held her tighter and kissed her temple but Shiori is not having that today. She pushed him away and crossed her arms, scowling and glaring. Shuichi gave up and leaned back to the chair, "Oh alright, you can go." 

"Yes!" Shiori laughed and hugged him at his neck, "You know that I love you right?!"