Chapter 42

(Episode 1003 - 1005)

Everyone was worrying about Wada's death that they decided to act in pairs for their safety. Shiori requested to be in Kogorou's group since she's trusting his strength and knowing Amuro and Conan, they are both sniffing around the body. The fact that they haven't come back is already telling her they are investigating.

"Does anyone want dinner?" Shiori started asking, "I have some bento here. You can just share the half to your partner."

"Really? I'm actually getting hungry. Thank you!" The woman cheered.

She went to her luggage and took out the four bento she packed for their supposed to be lunch earlier in the train, leaving one in her luggage for the detective pair. While eating and surrounding the drum fire for warmth, they heard a glass shatter twice.

The group excluding the three outsiders agreed to check the situation. Shiori turned to Wakita, "Wakita-san, do you have the papers from earlier?"

"Here." He gave her the papers he and Kogorou found earlier while searching the whole place.

"Thank you." She smiled and looked at the paper, she can now proudly read Japanese writings.

"You seem intelligent." Wakita complimented.

"Not really, I'-"

"Like your cousin, Kudou Shinichi. Am I right?"

Tears quickly built up in the side of her eyes upon hearing her cousin's name, "I-I'm sorry but I don't want to talk about him." Please don't ask me about him. It's hard for me to cry, unprepared and surprised.

"Oh, I see."

Shiori took out her handkerchief and hid her bare face to hide her thinking face. Who is this man? Is he just a fan? Naturally curious? Or because-

"You're cooking is always amazing." Kogorou yelled. This made Shiori's attention shift to the private detective. "Ran has been curious how you cook the karaage and make the sauce."

"It's easy. I'll teach Ran-chan when as soon as we get back." Shiori just laughed.

When it seems that everyone were worried about the noise coming from outside, Nishino suggested that someone should go out and check. They decided to use mints' box as a deciding factor.

"Can't be helped... Let's go check it out together." Shiori turned to see Nishino-san and Kawasaki-san left the chapel.

"I'm just going to the bathroom." The model stood and Kogorou looked worried. "I'll be fine. They just got outside and Amuro and Conan are still outside. They are like five of us."

Kogorou could just nod and let her go but of course, without forgetting to say that she just yell when there's trouble. Shiori, with her phone torch on, was staring at the code while just walking.