Chapter 29

This is 'the' chapter.
But for those who don't want to read poorly-made smut, please wait and proceed to the next chapter.

...

The Fujimine family stayed for dinner until Alice pulled Takumi away from their daughter and her boyfriend. "I'm sorry for what my husband did." Alice said to Shuichi.

"It's alright. I understand." Shuichi said and glanced at the fuming man beside her. 

Takumi took back what he said because of what Alice pointed out earlier. Though all they did was hugging and cuddling, Takumi thought they did a quick one.

Shiori just sighed out of relief when the two left and leaned to Shuichi, tired from all the stress she felt this day. 

"Are you tired?" Shuichi asked affectionately, embracing her with his left arm. 

"Yes." Shiori answered and closed her eyes, feeling his hard chest and strong arm. 

"Let's go inside?" 

"Mmm." Shiori mumbled and closed her eyes, leaning closer to him.

Shuichi smiled at her cuteness and let her lean to him as they walk inside the house. Just when they were about to go upstairs, Shiori opened her eyes and glanced at the doorway to the kitchen, suddenly scowling as she remembered the information Yukiko-san said earlier. 

She said ex-girlfriend. Is that why he looked bothered and went to save her? Her happy mood was slightly dampened and she pulled away from his embrace, pouting and went ahead upstairs. 

This made Shuichi look at her, confused at the sudden change in her attitude. What's wrong again?  He ran after her and followed her until she went inside her bedroom. 

Sighing, he held the door before she could shut it close. "What are you doing?" 

"Nothing. I just remembered something." Shiori said and avoided his eyes, trying to push the door close but it wasn't easy since Shuichi looked irritated, so he was unconsciously pushing the door with his strength. 

When he saw Shiori grit her teeth, trying to fight his strength, he clicked his tongue and stopped fighting back. "Alright, alright. Just rest. You must have been tired." 

Shiori looked guilty but she just nodded, she was about to close the door when her phone rang inside her pocket. 

This caught Shuichi's attention, Shiori took it out from her pocket and they both saw who is calling her in the middle of the night. [Yael]

His patience snapped and Shuichi held her wrist. "Do you not want me to hear your conversation with your ex?"