Chapter 40

OMG!! We reached 20.5k reads and 1k votes !!🥳 🎉😍🤗
Thank you for voting, commenting, adding to your reading list, and appreciating this book.

Stay safe!

(Episode 952 - 954)

"How comforting." Shiori is leaning in the backrest, her eyes with small bags underneath shut, as she held the hot chocolate closer to her. Across her is Subaru, who looked tired while drinking coffee.

They didn't do anything last night but Shiori can't sleep because of the light coming from Shuichi's laptop. He was working late in the study table inside their room.  

"Hmm." Subaru agreed. 

It was a beautiful time to view the dawn while drinking their favorites. Shiori put her ankles on top of Subaru's and smiled sweetly at him. The man just let it go.

"I didn't know you two are early riser." Yusaku said, resisting the urge to yawn.

"Good morning, Yusaku-jii. Weren't you tired from your flight?" Shiori greeted with a smile, "Do you want some coffee?"

"I think I slept enough while on the flight and no need for coffee, I'll make it -" He stretched his arms and back. 

"I insist, I'll make you one." Shiori stood and placed her mug of hot chocolate with marshmallow on top of the table. "You can wake yourself up more here for a moment."

"Then, black coffee please." Yusaku resigned.

"I think I'll also cook some bacon and eggs for our breakfast." Shiori wondered and the two men nodded. She was getting used to this lifestyle, not worrying about her schedule and appearance, especially her weight.

It took her almost an hour to cook their food since she added toast and sausage. Shuichi started to compare Shiori to grandmothers who cook more than enough for their family and urge them to eat more, he chuckled as they ate their wonderful and satisfying breakfast in the balcony.

"You already told Conan that he has to be careful, right?" Yusaku asked as he put down his cup of coffee and leaned further to the backrest of the chair, his stomach full. 

"Shiori did. She didn't stop mailing the same message until the boy called and yelled at her." Shuichi answered, glancing at the pouting woman beside him. 

"It's not my fault Shin-chan is so careless." Shiori mumbled. 

"Why are you guys so early?" They turned to the door to see Yukiko in her pajamas like them. She still has eye booger and a trail of dried saliva on the side of her mouth.

"Yukiko-san,"

"Dear,"