Chapter 20

Happy 1k reads !!! 🎉🎇

Let us bless our eyes with this cute GIF. 

...

(Episode 705 - 706)

"Shiori-san, although it was her fault, what happened is an accident. You don't have to get mad at her." The man said, smiling while acting all carefree and foolish by scratching the back of his head.

Shiori was staring at him, shock was displayed on her face.

"What? Is there something on my face?"

"N ... no." She stuttered for a bit, before regaining her confidence to act, "I just thought that you really look like my childhood friend." 

"Really?" Amuro asked and kneeled in front of her, "Give me your finger."

"What?" Shiori asked, looking at him suspiciously.

The man just kept on smiling and took her left hand. "Here," He said and replaced the band-aid on the finger that bled earlier. The band-aid she had was not sticking anymore.

"I forgot." She mumbled.

"It's good that you're not crying."

Her eyes are watching his every move before saying, "Thank you,". Glancing at the band-aid on her finger then her gaze went back to the calm lake. After a few seconds, she stood up. 

"Are you already leaving?"

"Yes ... I don't want to bother the lake any further." Shiori said and walked away with her hand behind her.

"Then let me lead you," Amuro jogged to catch up and walk in front of the woman. 

As they walk back to the house, Shiori stared at his back just like what she did back when they were at the Police Headquarters. His back really looks familiar. 

Distracted by Amuro's back, Shiori wasn't looking at the trail and suddenly tripped over some tree roots, sticking up from the ground. She yelped and extended her hand to prevent herself from falling but a strong hand held her arm.