Chapter 46

(Manga Chapter 1060 - 1061)

"Conan-chan and Sharon are doing well." Yukiko whispered to Shiori beside her as they watch the live broadcast of the deduction show regarding the serial locked-room murder case. As they expected, with the Kudou couple and Shiori faking illness, someone disguised as Yusaku stepped up on the doorstep.

Conan thought it was Kaito Kid but the people monitoring the situation knew it was Vermouth, wanting to know the reason why Yusaku went back to Japan at such time. 

"Shhh," Yusaku shushed as he listened intently to his son's deduction, obviously proud.

Shiori just leaned back on her seat, but a denim jacket was placed over her pyjamas. It was necessary since Shiori and Yusaku acted that they were bedridden because of an illness to Conan. The woman turned to see Shuichi with a finger to his lips.

Shuichi noticed that his girlfriend seemed to be bothered these days, he leaned down and whispered, "Are you alright?" She seemed like she wasn't faking her sickness, with her pale complexion and inactiveness. 

The half-Brit just forced a smile as she crossed her arms to her chest and looked back at the screen.

After the live broadcast, Inspector Megure came to the mansion and met with Conan and 'Yusaku' outside. After a few talks between the inspector and 'Yusaku', he mentioned about extending gratitude from Inspector Nakamori of the Second Division but he wouldn't be able to do that since Kaito Kid appeared in Shibuya.

"More importantly, that Kid in Shibuya must be another fake, right Kudou Yusaku-san?" Conan piped in and looked beside him, the young boy was surprised that the man beside him is now gone.

Running back inside the mansion, Conan went up the second floor and kept on pounding at the bedroom door of his parents'. "Hey! Now is not the time to be sleeping, Vermouth might have been here until just now! Maybe she was also behind the three of you falling ill!"

Shiori, Yusaku and Yukiko smiled at each other because of his adorableness.

As the door opened, Conan was surprised to see Shuichi with an earpiece and a finger to his lips.

...

"Should we send her back to London?" 

Yusaku and Shuichi sat together on the couch while drinking coffee to talk about Shiori. The FBI who searched the whole household to make sure Vermouth didn't leave any listening or recording device retired for the night while Conan was driven back to Mouri's residence.

"Why?" The uncle asked as he took a sip. He smiled sadly, "My niece is already afraid and you're going to send her back?"

The FBI's green eyes are staring at the man beside him, "It would be safer."