Chapter 14

(Episode 651)

"That's amazing! Kudou-kun is related to Sherry-san?" Kazuha said as they stood by the counter waiting for the men and Masumi to return from investigating the crime scene.

"Yes, I think being a celebrity runs in the family." Shiori said and smiled at Ran, "I heard what happened in London, Ran-chan, good job for making that boy to confess." 

The girl blushed and placed a few strands of her hair behind her ear.

Shiori teasingly smiled and looked around for Conan. They were talking on the entrance to the restroom, looking serious and discussing something.

The woman excused herself and went towards the two. It looks like they were discussing about the murder, does that high school detective know about Shinichi's situation?

"What are you guys talking about?"

This surprised the two of them but Hattori recovered quickly and smiled. "Nee-chan, what a waste. You didn't hear Kudou say that I'm better than him." He said with a smug face.

"Really? Did Shin-chan really said that? Where is he?" She teased making Hattori panic and thought of a lie.

"H-he's on the phone earlier." Shiori wanted to laugh because he's also a terrible liar like Shinichi.

"Shiori, stop that. Hattori, this oba-san knows the truth."

Shiori pinched the boy's back making him yelp in pain. "Ow! That hurts." He complained and looked at Hattori asking him to explain why he thought that the culprit was still in the restaurant.

It was because of accent that Hattori was able to do that. Shiori wanted to say it to Shinichi but the boy looked like he was just irritated because of Hattori's arrogance.

After that, Conan explained the case to her. "Really? Then where are the suspects?" Shiori asked.

"I didn't know the famous Sherry Grey would be interested in murder cases." Masumi said with a smirk and her hands inside her pocket.

"No, I'm just curious." Shiori humbly said.

"Even if she's just curious, Shiori solves cases like Yusaku. Always mysterious and quick." Inspector Megure appeared behind Masumi.  

"Shiori-san, you're still in Japan? Is your ankle healed?" Detective Takagi asked with a concerned voice. 

Shiori sighed. Detective Takagi is so sweet and cute. If only Detective Sato and Subaru or Shuichi is not in the picture, I would snag this guy.

"I'm alright now, thank you for your concern, Takagi-san." She smiled.