Chapter 33

Thank you for commenting, voting, adding to your reading list
and appreciating this story. 

Stay safe! Wear your masks!
Cough in your enemies' face (jk, please don't, that's very dangerous in these times)!

...

(Episodes 866 - 867)

"Thank you." Shiori beamed when Subaru handed her strawberry milk frappe then placed his black coffee on the drink holder. 

He drove the car out of the drive-through of a coffee house and to the Namiki road, leading to the Teimuzu River. "It's your reward. I was surprised that you weren't affected by the body earlier unlike before."

"Reward? I'm not a child." She pouted and leaned the cold cup to her cheek to hide her blushing cheeks. 

Earlier, Subaru saw how Shiori kept on jumping with her hands to her ears in one corner to calm her nerves with her back on the direction of the hanged body of Hado Rokumichi. She's really trying hard. Even though I told her I'd protect her. Stealing glances at the woman sipping some frappe.

They arrived at a park and Shuichi parked the car. 

"Wow!" Shiori exclaimed and opened the windows. "It's pretty."

Subaru nodded. He knew she would like it here since there are trees everywhere and the sky is clear and full of stars. Looking at her with grey eyes shining in delight, Subaru - no - Shuichi is afraid to lose those when she learns that Vermouth, a member of the organization, is interested in her, according to what Bourbon whispered to Conan earlier.

"Take care of Shio-chan, Conan-kun. It seems like there is someone interested in her." Bourbon whispered, then glanced at the disguised Vermouth who was talking to Ran about something.

He scowled, deep in his thoughts. Why? Why would Vermouth be interested in Shiori? Is it because they worked together before? Is there another reason?

"Subaru ... Subaru! Shuichi!" Subaru woke from his trance and looked at Shiori, worried. "Are you tired? Sleepy? Want me to drive the car this time?"

"No." He gave her a reassuring smile. Subaru turned outside and saw that there was no one other than them around, he glanced to the woman. "Do you want to walk around the park?"

Shiori smiled and nodded, taking her frappe with her outside and so did Subaru with his coffee. 

He watched her run towards the river to appreciate the full moon reflected on the water. Smiling at the view, he took off his denim jacket and rested it on her shoulders, to keep her warm from the cold wind. 

"Thank you, Shu." She smiled.

"You're welcome. There are a lot of guys who'd go for my neck if you became sick because I took you out tonight."