Chapter 10

Thank you @Mystify_4869 and @Nora_Natsuki for voting and appreciating this story. 🤗

...

(Episode 881 - 882)

"It's so hooot." A 19-year-old Fujimine Shiori remarked while going through the beach once more to look for that missing Shinichi.

Ran said that he disappeared right after telling off the three customers of the okonomiyaki stand of their trick.

"It's because it's summer, onee-san." A 7-year-old Mouri Ran is beside Shiori with her floatie on her body.

"But it's still too hot." Shiori complained and finished her ice cream seconds after buying it. She's wearing a black long sleeved one piece, exposing some skin on the sides of her waist because of the design.

"Ahh! I see Shinichi!" Ran yelled and went to the brat who is now disturbing a family under a red and white parasol.

Shiori didn't bother catching up to Ran as she threw the popsicle stick on the trash first before marching towards the children while holding her huge hat in place to prevent the hat from flying away.

The girl was able to make it just in time when Shinichi introduced himself to the man under the shade of the umbrella. "My name is Kudou Shinichi! I am Sherlock Holmes' apprentice."

Her grey eyes saw the man's eyes spark with interest upon hearing those words, along with a kid that was the same age as Shinichi.

"Ah! Shinichi, there you are! Your mommy and Shiori-nee are looking for you." Ran said as she walked closer to her friend.

"Ran!" Then he flinched when he saw Shiori behind Ran. "What are you doing here, Shiori-nee? I thought you'd go back to the hotel."

"It's because of you, Yukiko-san made me come back and walk under the sun looking for you." The girl scowled at her cousin. 

"Are you still playing Holmes?"

While Ran and Shinichi were talking, Shiori took this chance to apologize to the family, "I'm sorry, this boy likes to wander around. I apologize if he disturbed you in any way." 

The woman with blonde hair nodded while the man was looking at her.

"But you'll be in danger if you overdo things like this!" Ran scolded Shinichi but the boy looked bored. "Those onii-sans looked really angry." 

"They started it." Shinichi justified. 

Shiori looked at her cousin and sat down to see the boy in the eye, "Did something happen again? You always get yourself in trouble, let me see." Looking for any wounds or marks that those 'onii-sans' have made. "I'm the only one allowed to bully you."