Chapter 5

(Episodes 542 - 543)

"Thank you, Ejiri-san. Because of your guidance, the children caught a lot." Shiori said to the short man beside her.

Since they saw ship that will pick them up, the woman have to say goodbye to the man who took care of them for the day.

"Not at all, that glasses kid and Agasa-san saved my life once. It's the least I could do for Agasa-san who had to return home for urgent business." 

How kind!

"And you look like an actress or a model. What's your work?"

"Uhm, I simply endorse stuff." She did not really lie but Conan's and Haibara's gaze made her feel guilty. 

"Like a saleswoman?"

"Yes."

"Professor!" The three kept on yelling until the ship reached near the port but the closer it got, the kid's enthusiasm dropped.

Her grey eyes looked for the reason and was surprised to see Subaru-san on the boat still with his usual turtleneck.

"It's disappointing." The man beside her mumbled, "I was planning to make you meet my nephew for a dinner sometime but looks like you're on a relationship with that man on the boat."

"Yes? No! That's wrong. Subaru-san and I don't have that type of relationship." Shiori defensively said and she saw how Haibara hid behind Conan upon seeing the man.

Eijiri-san laughed, "No need to deny, I know love when I see one."

"Yes," She resigned at the man's teasing.

When the boat stopped, Subaru got down to greet them. "What? Professor couldn't come?" The three children asked, full of disappointment. "Are you sure?" Genta added. 

"Yeah. Seems that the machines for making 'hand and eggs' that the professor created and gave to the neighbors were bad, so complaints poured in and he had to fix them."

"I see." Mitsuhiko said.

"Ok now, continue your chat after getting on the ship." A dark skinned man who drove the boat appeared on the bow. "Hurry or else the sun will set."

"Yes~" The three went ahead first while Shiori said goodbye to the kind Eijiri-san.

She was behind Haibara who was hiding behind Conan. She looked at the kids who were being assisted by the fisherman and Subaru to get on the boat.

"Aren't you just thinking too much?" Shiori heard Conan say to Haibara.

What are they talking about? Shiori thought.