Chapter 18

(Episode 690 - 691)

"Yeah, I got it." Shiori replied to Yael on the other line of the phone between her ear and left shoulder as she made pancakes, then the bacon and eggs.

[You told this to Subaru-san yet?]

"Not yet, he's busy with something else."

[Oh right, he's a graduate student. He's probably burning his bum somewhere doing research.]

Shiori just laughed and agreed to what he said. He still thinks that Subaru's really a graduate student.

"Now, now, don't you have something to do? I think it's already 6 in the evening there. Aren't you supposed to visit your brother?"

[It's alright. He's really pissed off because of that bastard senator.] 

"Really? Just tell him my thanks and I'm sorry for bothering." Shiori said and took the phone on her hands after she turned off the stove. 

[It's alright, he's even prepared to work with my godfather.]

"You mean Judge Watson? Isn't he busy?"

[You know how they love you, they wouldn't say a thing about that.] She could hear Yael being smug. He comes a family of successful lawyers but for some reason, only he and siblings weren't involved.

And the only reason that Shiori could think off why Yael became her manager was because Yael's grandfather and her maternal grandmother were bestfriends. 

Both were fond of Shiori, who was the only daughter of the world-famous British theatre actress, Alice Grey and a renowned Japanese horror and suspense writer, Fujimine Takumi. In honor for his grandfather's and grandmother's request, Yael takes care of her.

When Shiori feels guilty about Yael being stuck as her manager, he just laughs and tell her that he doesn't plan to study law and instead, just travel the world and learn about different cultures.

"Then, I'll call them later." She said and poured some coffee over her tall glass filled with ice.

[Yeah, don't drink iced coffee early in the morning.] He said with a strict voice, stopping Shiori from filling her glass.

"...O ... of course,"

[You sound awkward. Don't tell me you're drinking one right now?]

Shiori laughed awkwardly, "Do-don't worry, I'm making sure I workout to burn the fats."

[Shiori!] He yelled, [Watch what you eat!]

"Yes," Shiori wanted to defend herself but someone behind her, rudely took the phone. She turned her head to look at Subaru, who is now speaking with Yael.