Chapter 35

"Pardon?" Shuichi said as he crossed his arms while Shiori was smiling giddily beside him.

"I'm really sorry," Professor Agasa scratched the back of his neck and laughed, trying to diffuse the tension. "It's just that my late friend's grandson doesn't have any close relatives, his wife died last year and now his mother is -"

"We'll just take care of his children, right?" Shiori excitedly said, the complete opposite of what Shuichi looked.

"Y-yes. He has a twelve year old and four year old twins." He answered. Yesterday, Inoue Dai called Professor Agasa to ask for a favor. 

The man's grandfather was Professor Agasa's close friend and he badly needed someone to watch over his kids because of an emergency. His mother is already in the ICU of the hospital in their province, so Inoue Dai needs to go to his mother's side.

"It's alright." Shiori said with a smile, "For how long?"

"Three weeks and he-"

"Shiori-" Subaru called but she was too happy to hear him.

"Do they have allergy? Where are their schools? Had their teachers been informed we're the ones who'll take them to school?" 

Professor Agasa smiled, "Dai-kun told me they don't have allergies and their schools are just near here. They're going on the same school where Shinichi went."

The conversation between the two are peaceful meanwhile the FBI agent who has his arms crossed seemed like he was out of place and will be for the next three weeks of the kids' stay. He is aware of how scary or intimidating he looks when it comes to kids - but as Subaru, he thinks he'll be able to pull it off for a few hours.

"They said they'll be here next week." Professor Agasa ended.

"Then, let's go straight to the grocer while it's still early!" Shiori stood and ran to get her purse.

...

The angels who will stay over for
three weeks with Shiori and Shuichi