Chapter 11

After talking with Yael, Shiori kept on tossing and turning on the bed. "It's not possible."

Until she had enough and went out of her room, she just put on a long coat over her nightgown, opened the garage and drove to Mouri Detective Agency as fast as she can. 

Subaru watched her drive away in a hurry. He clicked his tongue, he let his tongue slip earlier on Professor Agasa's lawn.

...

Shiori made just in time, the Mouri family were having a late dinner with Conan.

"Shiori-san!" Ran exclaimed in surprise while Kogoro was taking a bite on his dinner.

"Eh?! What are you even wearing Shiori-chan?"

The woman dismissed the old man's words and went straight to the boy, "Good evening, Ran-chan, Kogoro-san. Can I borrow Conan for a bit?" She sounded polite but the woman already pulled the boy away. "I'll return him later tonight,"

The boy looked surprised and was panicking, it has been a while since he saw his cousin's face looking all angry. 

They went inside her car and the woman drove near a park. 

"Hey Shinichi, tell me the truth." The woman was speaking with her low and frighteningly slow voice, "You know that man with a scar on his face?"

"Eh? I don't know." Conan is not good at lying.

"Stop lying, Shinichi. I know that man, he was the boyfriend of my late friend and I asked and begged the people from MI6 for information until a certain someone told me - 'You're asking the wrong unit. Go ask the bureau.'"

"So it means, I should ask the FBI then I remembered. On New York, I saw him with a man wearing a FBI jacket. It was the same time that you and Ran went after the serial killer."

Conan looked serious making Shiori frown, confirming her suspicions.

"It was my first time to see an FBI agent so I remembered it well and I asked Yukiko-san about the organization that made you like that and that Haibara kid was one of them along with her older sister. I just connected the dots, what if that FBI agent went close to Akemi to get information from the organization? What if they knew he was a spy and sent someone to kill him?"

When Shiori's eyes narrowed, Conan knew he can say nothing because the woman had already figured out everything.

"What if a certain little boy helped that FBI agent escape? And either by coincidence or conspiracy, met up with him again and let him live inside his house? I heard that the organization are careful and work diligently. Judging from your look a few days ago on Beika Department, upon hearing about a man with a scar, you looked surprised. What if that man is a member of the organization who is confirming whether or not the traitor is really alive by appearing in front of his close associates?"