Together

"Wha- what are you doing here? I thought you had scenes to shoot." Jake stuttered. He was taken aback by him being here. He thought he hated him.

"We got done early." Tom said.

Jake walked over to him, and stared at the floor. The sound of silence was a pain in both their ears. Neither of them wanted to speak, afraid of saying the wrong thing. But Jake decided to break the ice.

"Listen, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for thinking that we were on a break, and I'm sorry for cheating." His voice broke.

Tom looked down at his lap, processing every word Jake had just said. He mainly focused on the "I'm sorry". Those words, that could be so sweet, tended to sting like a bitch in this situation.

"You fucked with me. I've been lost for so- I'm not sure-," he took a breath, trying to find the correct words, "there were nights I couldn't sleep because I was so heartbroken, and there were days all I wanted to do was sleep." He rubbed the sides of his temples. His eyes moved from his lap to the hole he had left in the wall. It was still there, the only thing different was the blood stains had been wiped away.

"I'm sorry." Jake looked up and made eye contact. "I had no intention of hurting you though." He looked away again.

Tom stood up. "That night when I busted my hand and stormed out of your apartment, I decided to go out with my friends. To get my mind off you." He started fiddling with the rings on his fingers. "By the end of the night I was hammered, and ended up going back to a girl's place. I could've fucked her..." He took a breath. "But I didn't. I couldn't."

"O-"

"I love you, Jake." Tom said, voice trembling. A tear rolled down his cheek.

Jake looked at him, mouth slightly parted. The room seemed to rotate and his brain couldn't comprehend what he had just heard. He lovingly grabbed Tom's non-broken hand, and pulled him into his chest. His quiet sobs were muffled by his toned body. "I love you too."

Tom squirmed out of Jake's arms, not wanting to be hugged. He sat back on the bed, wiping away at his tears. "I'm still pissed at you for not telling me sooner."

Jake sat down on the bed next to him. "I'm sorry, I just forgot and I really liked how things were at the moment. I didn't want to mess it up." He scratched the back of his head. "But I guess it's too late for that."

"You know I've been thinking about what I want us to be." Tom started playing with his rings again. "If I even want to continue being with you..."

Jake's heart stopped, and waited for him to finish his sentence. Hoping that this wouldn't be the end.

"Will you be my boyfriend? I- I want to make it official." Tom looked into Jake's eyes, awaiting an answer.

"Yes." He kissed his hand.

"Okay." He said with a smile from ear to ear. Tom then leaned forward, kissing him for the first time in what felt like forever. Jake's hand cupped the side of his face as they fell back onto the bed. Their lips moved over the other, sentimentally.

Tom broke their kiss, knowing that it'd go too far if he didn't say something. "No sex, yet."

Jake nodded and fixed the bulge in his pants.

"Can I stay here tonight? I don't want to be alone anymore." Tom whispered.

Jake smiled, and picked him up bridal style. "I'd love you to." He pressed their noses together. Tom scooted into his arms, humming as his body heat felt so good against his own.