Not a Soul

"I don't understand why we have to change locations." Tom huffed. "And I also don't know why you're coming with us." He looked at Harry.

Harry answered first. "It's a new world. That means new photos for my work."

The director answered next. "We've explained this to you already. Different parts of the movie need to be shot in different locations."

Tom rolled his eyes. He was not looking forward to flying on a plane for ten hours, and then having to shoot for another two. He was dreading it.

As Harry and the director walked away, Tom turned to Jake who was nonchalantly listening their conversation. "Hey, at least you'll get to be with me." He grabbed his hand.

Tom pulled away, as usual. "You need to stop doing that in public, someone's going to see." His eyes darted around set to see if anyone was looking. "And yeah, you're about the only thing I'm looking forward to on this flight."

Later that night, as Tom finished packing, Harry came by his apartment. He wanted to talk about what he saw before getting on this flight. He'd rather not act like something wasn't going on.

"Can you hand me that shirt? The blue one." Tom asked while folding his clothes to put in his travel bag.

"Here. It's ugly, just like you." Harry joked as he handed him the shirt.

Tom grabbed it from him. "Not as ugly as you dipass." He chuckled.

Harry smiled, but it faded away.

"What's wrong?" He said looking up from his suitcase. "I was just kidding."

"It's not that." Harry inhaled and looked down. "Tom... Are you seeing Jake?" He exhaled.

The color drained from Tom's face. How did he figure it out? His hands shook and stomach turned as he laid down the pants he was holding. "No." He faked a smile and laughed. "Why would you think that?"

Frowning lines formed on Harry's face. "I know when you're lying."

Tom stiffened. "I'm not lying." He continued to pack his clothes, and angrily zipped up his suitcase.

"That day that I was supposed to bring you your lunch but forgot? Yeah, well that was also the day I heard you moaning in Jake's trailer." He said, deciding to just rip the band-aid off, seeing that Tom wasn't going to budge. "I saw you leaving too."

Tom stared at his brother, not sure what to say or do. A million scenarios ran through his mind. Should he lie? Or should he come clean? He knows that Harry isn't gullible, so there was no point in trying to deny it any longer. "Harry, you can't tell a soul."

"I won't. But how long has-"

"A while." He inhaled and then exhaled. "I'm in love with him."

Harry walked towards him and sat on the bed next to his suitcase. "Why didn't you tell me?" He had a tang of hurt in his voice.

"We're not ready to go public. We're not even sure if this is going to work out." Tom sat down next to him.

Harry wrapped his arm around his brother and ruffled his hair. "Since when can you keep a secret?"

"You can't tell anyone. I'm begging you." He deadpanned, still being very serious. He knew it was just Harry, but sometimes one person can feel like the whole world.

"I won't."

"Thank you." He managed to crack a smile, even though his gut was filled with anxiety. But he trusted his brother. He stood up off the bed, and moved his suitcases to the door, all ready for the dreadful flight.