39. All this love

Wow I guess I'm back now.
Although I'm not sure there's anyone left to read the rest of the story, I'll finish this anyway, haha :) This chapter is short, full of fluff and cuteness, just to rewarm ourselves a bit.
However, just know there was a smile on my face every time I got notifications!

I had a slight uneasy feeling on the plane. Maybe it was too much, too soon - coming with Daniel to his home even for a few days. I chewed the inside of my cheeks, and barely touched the meals. I was constantly thinking about his family, and the possible downfalls that could mean the end of this thing between us.

However the second I saw little Isaac running towards Daniel at Perth Airport, screaming "uncle Danny!" and Michelle beaming at us, waving like crazy - I felt the slightest chance that maybe, maybe this weekend can be also survivable.

"Jesus, you came," Daniel smiled like crazy, reaching down to hug his little niece. "Boy, you are like twice as tall as last month!"

"Of course we came, I couldn't risk Isaac wandering alone through Perth to find his favourite uncle," Michelle giggled.

"Good that I am his only uncle then," Daniel gave me a cheeky smile, then introduced me to his sister.

"Nice to finally meet you, Clara," she nodded. "I'm glad my pea headed brother didn't scare you away yet."

"Well, he takes his time," I smiled, but got a side nodge from Daniel.

The car ride to the Ricciardo house was light and full of laughter. It was nice of Michelle to make me comfortable, and include me in the conversation from time to time.

I was watching the road, and so far hasn't seen any gigantic spiders nor rabid cangaroos on the way.

Must be a safe neighbourhood then.

"Mum is head over heels," said Michelle as a matter of factly, her eyes still on the road. "Since word got out about you coming, you can't talk to her."

Daniel snorted at the backseat, but I only blinked at the younger Ricciardo beside me.

"I really don't want to cause any inconvin..." I started, but Michelle looked at me with a face that stopped me.

"Oh please, do some. Last time my brother flew home, he was so miserable I didn't even bring Isaac. It was too bad for a baby to see," she shook her head. "Took us hours to get some sense in him," she looked at the rear-view mirror, but her brother just got really busy reading a kids book with Isaac. I couldn't suppress my smile so I also turned away, to look further for some wild, deadly animals on the roadside.

Grace and Joe Ricciardo hugged me long on the porch of their house. It was dusk but the weather was still warm with a slight breeze. Grace was dashing - barefoot, wore a simple, white tunic and her brown, crazy locks along with her piercing eyes were just like her son's. Joe beside her seemed like a big child who just was taught to behave like an adult. He seemed restless and always full of thoughts.

"Oh sweetie I couldn't be happier you're here, come on in, dinner is waiting," Grace placed her hand on my shoulder and gently directed me inside. I took a peek behind me and I saw Daniel smile. It was priceless. He wasn't smiling at me though - he shared a look with his sister, who returned his expression like a secret confidant.

Suddenly, I had the strangest feeling. It felt like I arrived home.

"You also should do a long walk on the beach!" Grace said what felt the hundredth idea for us to do while we spend the weekend here in Perth. "I bet you enjoy the sun and the waves!" She winked at me.