32. One thing right

Hello there. 😚
Welcome to the ride again 😄 Almost nine thousand words and one billion thing happening. Let's see where the rollercoaster stops this time. 😉

Well, Russia wasn't one of my favourite destination anyway. 

I just told that to Charles when we landed at Sochi Airport, and I realised it was raining, and the wind was blowing like there was no tomorrow. 

"It's only four days, and we're back to Monaco, don't worry," he said as he grabbed my hand and didn't let it go despite the dozens of paparazzis waiting for his arrival at the other side of the walls. 

I never liked the attention that came with our public appearances, and I tried to avoid as much as it was possible. 
"You shouldn't be this nervous," Charles murmured, with a smile on his face. "You are my girlfriend, so they have to process that." 

I wasn't sure it couldn't have been more discreetly organised or the whole couple's thing couldn't have been treated better. 
For example Sebastian never brought his wife with him. And it was still fine by everyone. 
Okay, I was working in this world too, so it wasn't an option for me not to attend the races but we could have been more closed up about it. 
At least I wanted us to be. 

Anyways, Charles insisted on me flying in Sochi with him, and as I was haunted from the pangs of consciousness because of… Well, because of recent happenings, I agreed to accompany him. 

"God, why are you not coming with us?" Max pouted when we said goodbye in Monaco twenty-four hours ago. "This is your team!"

I smirked at the Dutch friend of mine. 
"It's not part of my job. I checked my very detailed contract. And you know, Charles is my boyfriend," he nodded as I reminded him of the obvious. 
"Still?" He glanced at me with his most disappointed look. I had to laugh out. 
"Yes, still," I nodded. 
"It's a pity," he sighed. "Sometimes I think I should just hit on you myself because it's such a shame, Ferrari basically stole you from us." 
I snorted loud at what he said. 
"Sure," I giggled while I hugged him goodbye. "I'm positive you wouldn't bear me as your girlfriend for a solid five minutes." 
He looked at me truly offended. 
"Why?" He whined. "We make a good team." 
I scoffed again, because the thought was  the most absurd idea, ever. 
"Yes. That's why we'd never, ever going to risk what we have," I nodded. 

"Bye Clara," Max nodded a bit still offended by my words. "Just message me and I'll get you out of there" he sent me a serious look. 
"Bye Max," I laughed at him. "See you in a bit." 

I saw them at the airport when we landed. 
In the private area of Arrivals, there he was, wearing his travelling grey training pants, which I thought for a strange reason to be adorably awesome. 
Daniela was on her phone - again, not a surprise - while he was giving out autographs for his fans. 

I felt lucky that I could have avoided meeting him this long after we kissed. It was two days ago and since then we haven't met. 

This 48 hours I spent dealing with the worst feeling of guilt, and self loath. I felt as a terrible person, using both Charles and him for my own good. 
Also, it was very immature not to be able to control my overpouring emotions. 
But at the same time the feeling of him holding me close, smiling faintly while taking one last, shaky breath in, kissing me with his warm, soft lips was popping back to my memory. 
All. The. Fucking. Time. 

Even that morning, at the airport while walking next to Charles, the first thing was that I noticed his smile, as he giggled at a little girl, giving her a high-five. 
God, he's even posing with kids now. That is so not fair. 
I truly felt dizzy just by the sight. I felt my stomach make a somersault before our eyes met. He blinked, and within a second he looked at Charles and also at Daniela.
Yes, they are called our partners, Daniel.