27. If I can't have you

Well, happy race weekend for everyone. Either you are happy or sad with the qualification result, I hope this chapter makes your day a bit more bright 😚 have fun!
Ps. I changed the next race to be in Italy due to storyline reasons. I guess everybody can deal with that 🤔

The Italian Grand Prix was always about Ferrari. The tifosi - passionately made sure of that the other teams are basically unheard of this weekend. All the streets of Monza looked like an endless Ferrari gift shop, all the fans were wearing merchandise from every era of Formula 1, and waving flags with the famous black prancing horse. 

I smirked to myself in the car when I turned to Vicki. We just arrived to the city and were heading to our hotel. 

“It will be more quiet, right? Ferrari takes all the job…” I giggled. Vicki turned to me with her phone on her ear, and furrowed her brows. 

“Do you really think they will not go after you?” She asked, looking at me like I was the most naive person on Earth. 

I gazed out of my window and bit my lips. 

Well, maybe they won’t be. With Charles, we decided to take it slow, so I could get used to this whole situation. In the other hand he had to fly to Italy as soon as possible after the previous GP, because they had so much media obligations. 

Since last week, it wasn’t me who ignored the calls and sent the shortest texts. Charles woke up early morning and was up until midnight, he didn't have time to anything else than his job.  

Last night he even fell asleep during our call. I thought it was adorable - but it was bugging him so much that the first thing I saw stepping in my hotel room was a gigantic bouquet of white roses waiting for me on the table.

“‘The fuck is this?” Max shrieked next to me. I felt blush appear on my cheeks, and shot out to reach the bouquet faster than the Dutch. I don’t have to say that he was faster. 

“Ohohoho,” he giggled triumphantly while he hold up the little tag pinned to the bouquet.

"Trouble in paradise?" 

"Fuck off," I nudged him in his side and took the tag from him. 

I am truly sorry ma belle, I promise tonight I will be up all night - with you. 

I felt my blush deepen as I read it and tried to hid it from Max. Again, I failed. 

"Geeez, how cheesy is this? And I thought you are not the romantic type," he frowned. 

"I am not," I said quietly still looking at the note. 

"Anyways, I thought we're watching something together today," he mentioned, and looked away hurted, crossing his arms on his chest. I scoffed. 

"No you didn't. You just want me to be away from him," I said the obvious. Now he scoffed and with a painful grimace he nodded. 

"Yeah. And I guess I'm not the only one."

I looked at him and waited for the rest of his answer. But since he didn't say anything else I also decided to close the conversation and pushed him out of my room. 

So against the Dutch advice, I met Charles late night, he came to our hotel. He looked tired but wad so happy to see me. 

"Hi," he breathed when he reached out to finally hug me tight. 

"Hello," I smiled and invited him inside. He followed me and soon, despite the fact he looked exhausted, he managed to prove his perfect physical condition im my bed. Twice.