36. Two hearts

Ooop.
Looks like I just can't stay away. My life is falling apart, but this story lives. Not as long as a chapter I wanted it to be, but hey, it's still something.
Please, enjoy.
Oh, and keep in mind that only your feedbacks made me write this chapter before the next month. Thanks.
Bwoah.

When I woke up to a loud rumbling I had no idea where on Earth I was. It was semi-dark, and all I heard were the noises of the thunder.

However, despite the awful weather outside, I felt warm and cozy. I lowered my head back to the pillow as I was eager to go back to sleep. It was surely too early and too dark of a day to bother myself with waking up.

I had such a good dream to continue anyway.

That was the point when I felt a strong pull around my stomach - an arm sneaked around me and made sure I snug the closest possible to its owner.

"Why does it rain in England? All the time?"

I snapped my head back, and at the same moment all the memories flood back to my mind to fill in the missing pieces of the puzzle.

It's Daniel. And his arm. Ricciardo. In my bed.

After we... God.

I looked at him, and he was smiling back with his crazy morning hair and warm brown eyes, with his head resting on my rose patterned pillow.

"Come on, let's just stay here for a little longer. Please?" He murmured while he continued to pull me.

I giggled, and wiggled closer to him.

"Hey," he smiled, and gave a small kiss on my forehead.

"Hello." I couldn't really believe if I was still dreaming or simply hallucinating on my own.

"What's wrong?" Daniel frowned slightly at me.

"I am trying to find out if it's a dream or not," I said wrinkling my nose.

Daniel laughed out and started to give me some ticklish pecks along my neck, emphasizing each of his words with one.

"I think yesterday was quite dreamy. But today, it seems pretty real so far."

He sneakily detoured to the direction of my cleavage, and looked at me again, maybe to check on my reaction.

I shut my eyes for a moment and thought back to the weekend we just left behind. So much changed in the last 48 hours I could barely believe. Some random moments kept flashing back to the back of my mind.

...

"We are gathered here to witness the marriage of these two wonderful people..."

...

"It was fine," Max summed up his opinion about the ceremony.

...

"Shall we?" Daniel reached out for my hand to lead me to the dance floor.

...

"Is this really how this goes from now on?" Max wrinkled his nose when he opened the bathroom door and caught Daniel and me in the middle of a full morning makeout session. I only came over to say goodbye...

...

"Are you going to be OK?" Max looked at me frowning. I looked over at Daniel who was saying goodbye to the just married couple. I smiled gently at the scene.

"Yes. We will be," I said and hugged him. "Thank you for taking care of my dumb head," I whispered to his ear.

My Dutch friend giggled out loud.