21. Rescue me

Hi there, happy weekend to everyone! Seems like I've failed miserably to write real chapters anymore, so I just update at this point and promise to bring the next bit sooner than a week. Tension is rising slowly, and I just hope you'll like it all in the end 🙄😏

"Victoria," I sighed as I looked at myself in the mirror and pouted. "I mean it's wonderful, but I'm sure it's a bit much," I smoothed down the bottle green coloured silk of the amazing dress I was wearing. The colour matched my eyes, and the elegant fabric hugged my curves with a gentle touch.

"There's no way I'd parade in this up and down," I shook my head.

Victoria was in her underwear, loosely put a lace bathrobe on, and was casually smoking a cigarette while sitting in her wardrobe window. She looked at me, slowly moving her eyes up and down, and then nodded.

"You will. It's perfect," She summed up her opinion, and hopped down to leave for the bathroom.

"Wouldn't be a simple, less formal-ish dress enough?" I tried for the last time.

I really liked the dress she offered me to wear at the Gala Dinner organised at the Palace of Monaco, but I've never in my life worn a ball gown, especially not as expensive as this one. I just tried to ignore the tag when I put it on, but now, I felt the letters of Versace burn into my back. I wasn't sure what I agreed to.

Victoria snapped her head, and diverted her route to step outside to the living room.

"Hey Max," she shouted out to his brother, who was playing for - I think - the third hour on his playstation, still wearing only his boxers. He teared his gaze away from the screen, and looked back to us.

"What?" He whined. "There's still like four hours till the party starts," he said. "Have you already started to get ready?" He grimaced.

His sister didn't seem to hear his complaints, because she just opened the door wider.

"Would you explain to Clara that this, and only this would be the appropriate piece clothing for tonight?" She couldn't have sounded more annoyed.

Max lifted his eyes to me, and he blinked. Then he blinked some more.

"Wow Clara, it's so fair you never wear something like that," he said in the end. I bursted out laughing.

"What?" I asked. "Look Victoria, I told you it's not right," I looked at the younger Verstappen, but she just rolled her eyes.

"No no no, it's really..." Max was searching for the right word. "Hot on you." Well, he didn't find it. Now, Victoria was already laughing too.

"Max, I'm not surprised you always have trouble flirting," she scoffed. That comment reached its purpose and the Dutch driver blushed from his head to toe.

"So, guys is this really necessary?" I asked.

"YEAH," both of the siblings answered in synchrony. I sighed, and accepted the fact, that in the next couple of hours I'd be feeling like an over decorated muffin, and I won't even go to the loo, so I wouldn't ruin this marvelous dress by any chance.

After Max managed to find his tuxedo and got ready in ten minutes, we were good to go.

We took one ride together to the Palace, Christian picked us up from the Verstappen Villa with a Red Bull minivan.

"Thank you for inviting me," I told my uncle as a first thing when we sat inside the car, but he just waved me down.

"It's OK Clara, you helped us a lot," He gave a side look to Max.