19. Call you mine

Hi there, I have a new chapter here. Well practically I'm still writing it but I've realised it's already too long so I now posted a part. I love Monaco, so I'll write long chapters here. I hope you I'll enjoy it as much as I do.
Ps. Pardon my French 😏

I could tell Charles was over the moon to spend these few days together. As a first thing, he arranged a private jet for the two of us. I insisted on flying coach, and said I'm totally fine travelling separately, but he didn't even want to hear about that.

"It's much better like this, right?" he asked, and swept me closer to his chest while we flew somewhere over the French coastline.

"Sure," I smiled and looked out of the small window again, to adore the view.

Charles started to fiddle with his phone, but I felt now and then he peeked at me.

"What?" I asked him once, catching him stare.

He smirked and blushed slightly.

"I can't believe you agreed to this," he said with a wide smile and leaned in to kiss me.

I smiled too, but him saying this also got me thinking if this was really a good idea.

I wasn't sure at all.

Since I decided I will accompany Charles to Monaco I've lied again - so many times I've already lost count.

I lied to Max and Victoria when I said they don't have to pick me up from the airport when I come and visit them in Monaco.

I lied to Vicki saying I'll be with my sister in Stockholm.

I lied to my sister about why I'm not calling her for weeks.

Hey, did you already leave BCN? I had a little too much to drink, but I remember missing you from the party last night!

I've read Daniel's text over and over again, but I couldn't make myself answer.

If I don't then it's not lying, right?

I closed my eyes and tried hard not to think about Daniel. I was determined to have a good time since I decided to come along with Charles. I just felt like I had to give this a chance whatever is that we have at the moment.

In the end I fell asleep and the next thing I realised was the bump of the plane's wheels hit the ground as we landed in Monaco.

"Welcome," Charles grinned at me. "You will love being here," he said as we gathered our stuff and thanked the staff for their service.

Charles drove to his apartment smiling all the way. He showed me everything that had a name. Every corner, every statue had a story he wanted to share with me. He was cute, so enthusiastic about making an impression.

His apartment was a bit away from the centre, meaning a couple streets above the sea level, on the top floor of an apartment building.

"Welcome home," he kissed me on the corridor. I smirked into the kiss as he pushed me lightly to his front door.

"Just wait please until we go inside, will you?" I teared my lips from his, but that didn't break his enthusiasm, and he started to hint kisses along my neck.

"Charles, really," I sighed, "Open the damn door," I said kind of impatiently.

He finally gave up my teasing and proudly opened his front door.

"Surpriiiiiiseee!" It was the next thing we heard, and about a dozen people jumped out from various hiding places. Some of them had a confused expression as they noticed me, standing next to Charles.