15. Harder

Well, as promised here is the next chapter. After seeing all your likes and comments I couldn't hold it in any longer 😊 Thank you for your responses, it made me super motivated! 😚
I hope you enjoy this one as well.

After the dinner the atmosphere eased up at the party. Carlos started to play some dance music, and Pierre and Kate immediately hit the dance floor. 
They were an incredibly cute couple, who were sticking together all the time but wasn’t annoying. They were soon joined by Nico and his girlfriend. I watched them with a smile on my face. Both of the couples seemed to be in good terms, they kissed and laughed during dancing. 

Soon, a light, but uneasy feeling appeared in my guts. It would be so nice to dance with somebody - I thought and bit the inside of my cheek to banish the bitterness. 

I sat at the table alone, the boys just went inside to bring out some more beers. 
The next minute, Victoria sat down next to me with a deep sigh. 
“Aw, they are so cute together, right?” she asked. I looked at her, blinking.
“You mean Pierre and Kate?” I asked, meaning the couple jumping around happily. 
“No, I meant Norris and Sainz,” she snorted. “Of course, look at the french lovebirds. Makes me want to puke, but crave for a such a relationship at the same time,” she sighed. 

I nodded, I kind of felt the same. Anyway, I didn’t feel like going deep in this subject with her. Instead, I directed my gaze sneakily to look for Charles. He was talking with Albon and Russell at the other end of the table. My eyes met his instantly. He blinked at my direction, holding my stare, but I couldn’t read any emotions in them. Then he looked away to George and laughed about his joke. 

“In fact, I might take one of those kids to the dance floor to keep myself entertained,” she stood up, and looked at me. “I’ll hit on Leclerc,” she smirked, and bit her lips. “What do you think?”
I stared at her. She was watching me curiously. I fought hard not to show anything from the mix of these bothering emotions rising inside my chest. 

Shit, why does she have to pick on him? Why, Victoria? She seemed nice until this minute, but if she dares to go there and kiss him, I might slap her on that spot. Or him. I still have some time to decide. 
On the other hand, she is beautiful, young and strong. And she might be perfect for him… 
God, I might just sit here and watch all of this happen.

I sighed and forced a weak smile on my face. 
“Sure, he’s nice, I guess,” I mumbled. 
Victoria let out a small, unimpressed giggle. 

“Right,” she said, and left me to walk over to the guys with a drink in her hand. They welcomed her as she sat next to Charles. After talking casually for a couple of minutes he stood up and led her to the dance floor. 

I shook my head in disappointment but still, I couldn't look away. They went to the center of the grassy field functioning as the dance floor. Victoria grabbed his hands and put them on her hip, which he appreciated with a wide, charming smile. She wrapped her hands around his neck and smiled back at him. They started to swing to the basic rhythm of the music, tangled in each other. Victoria smiled at him and whispered something in his ear, because of which he blushed. 
Fuck. I was so confused about all of this mess with him, bit this time it was crystal clear. 
I was jealous as hell. 
I couldn't bear to see that anymore, so I stood up with a sigh and walked determined inside the house. 

I found the rest of the people in the living room. It seemed like the older guys gathered there (well, not counting Lando), which didn’t mean they behaved like the more responsible ones. 

It looked like they played something on the playstation, called Mario Kart. Specifically, Lando and Kimi sit in front of a monitor and raced against each other, the others were watching it. 
If I felt a little more than tipsy, they were undoubtedly drunk. 
Lando was giggling uncontrollably while pushing the buttons hard, while Kimi was playing with a straight face, while holding half a glass of beer between his teeth. He was concentrating hard, his eyes fixed on the screen.