14. Easier

Hello everyone! This chapter originally got to be so long I needed to split it in half. So, the other part is ready, and I can't wait to share it with you soon. Until then, I hope you like it :)

Of course I couldn't get up in the morning. I overslept two of my alarm clocks, and it was Vicki calling me at 10 what woke me up in the end.

"I'm here," I said in a harsh voice answering her call.

"God Clara, I'm waiting for you for 30 minutes now. I had so much patatas bravas for breakfast I'm not eating again until the family dinner on Saturday."

I giggled on her vow, because I was sure she will break it at very moment I show her my favourite churros place.

"Then wait a bit more please, I'll be there in a minute," I promised.

I buried my face in my palms, softly massaging my eyes to freshen up a bit. The memories from last night flashed back, with Charles's words echoing in my head. I still couldn't believe what he said last night about us, and that he would go out together. So far, I was convinced we were just a casual thing, but that wouldn't include going public for sure. At least for me. Some celebrities don't care about being seen with casual flings, but Charles wasn't like this as far as I knew. He had several girlfriends before, but all relationships seemed serious. I know, I checked all of them online, hence we never discussed his love life. I don't even know if he sees anybody beside me. Fuck, I don't know anything about him. We do all the things but talking...

I sighed, and got out of the bed to get ready. I hurried down to the restaurant but I was so late I missed breakfast. Luckily, Vicki saved me a huge mug of coffee. It was plain black, just as I liked.

"Thank you," I said, grabbing the cup and sipping.

"So, did you drink this much last night?" She smirked at me, clearly thinking I was the drunk and not her yesterday. And I couldn't admit that while she was already passed out in her bed I was out sightseeing and arguing with Charles Leclerc until dawn.

"Well, I guess," I shrugged.

We agreed on doing a bit of sightseeing before I start to get ready for Carlos' party. Vicki informed me about Max arriving safely. I smiled on the thought - if all fails, he will be there to save me. That made me a little more secure, thinking about today's evening. I still wasn't sure how would it turn out, but I honestly hoped it'd be fun.

We just climbed up to Parc Güell, when my phone rang. It was incredibly hot, we were sweating and I panted as I stopped to take my phone out of my pocket and answered. It was Daniel.

"Hey Clara," he said in an all too happy voice.

"Hi," I said, short of breath. "Sorry, but I'm mountain climbing at the moment," I panted. Vicki stopped next to me, and gulped half the content of her water bottle.

"Great," he said, not really caring about me suffocating, clearly didn't call for checking up on my vitals. "So, today," he started hesitantly, his voice not so confident anymore. "You're still coming, right?" He asked.

I nodded, then I realised, he can't see me.

"Yes, of course," I said. "What time it is? When?"

Fuck, I don't know anything about this, and my stomach made a loop again.

He giggled shortly on the other side of the line.

"See, that's why I called you. It starts at 8 and it's about an hour away. So I could pick you up around 7? If that suits you," he explained.