16. Don't call me up

Hey, sorry for the delay. I usually try to update weekly, but you know, life happens. In return, I will bring the next chapter this weekend, because it's ready and I love that one so much I can't wait to share it with you :) Although, I hope you'll like this one as well.

After we arrived home I said goodbye to Daniel and headed straight to my room. Vicki texted me earlier, writing that she went out to do some shopping.

I felt still sleepy because no matter how comfortable was Daniel's chest i still slept for 3 hours - tops.

I snuggled in the cozy couch and fell asleep in minutes. I had a dream in which I saw Kimi Raikönnen in his racing overalls, casually cleaning my house. It was scary enough to wake me up after an hour of restless sleep.

I blinked a couple of times to realise where am I and what day it is.

I decided to go for a run after I was sure I won't go back to sleep. I changed, and since Vicki was sure she's spending the day at the mall - it was a fucked up idea if you ask me since the weather was excellent - I hit the roads and jogged around the beach. I enjoyed every minute of the struggle and loneliness. I was able to clear my head a bit which felt so refreshing I was actually smiling by the time I arrived back to my hotel.

I walked through the parking lot and suddenly I recognised a familiar Alfa Romeo. I simply jogged to it, the front window lowered as I approached.

"Don't you think it's a bit creepy to park in front of my hotel?" I asked as Leclerc's face appeared behind the tinted window. He grimaced and shook his head.

"God, Clara. Before, I called you a couple of times, but you didn't answer," he explained. "I thought something's wrong. I almost went in to ask about you." He shrugged.

I checked my phone and saw he was right. I had three missed calls from him. Of course, I've turned off all the notifications before leaving to only enjoy the music and the running.

"Now, that would have been a really bad idea. Also would raise a million questions," I said bitterly as I fiddled with my phone to turn it to a loud mode again. While doing that Charles got out of the car, which I watched raising my eyebrows.

"I wanted to tell you I can spend the day with you," he explained his action as a matter of factly. He was so determined I couldn't even make a response at first.

"So what's your plan, do we just walz in together?" I asked crossing my arms on my chest. He smiled at me, quite charmingly.

"Well, if you insist you can go ahead. By the time I give some autographs to the fans," he smirked as he watched over my shoulder. I turned, and saw some tourist stopped and were whispering to each other. They clearly couldn't decide if it was a good idea to come over to us.

"You are cheeky, Leclerc," I shook my head, smiling and added "I'm in room 304," then I walked in to the hotel.

I closed the door but didn't lock it. Then I got ready to have a shower, and since my good mood was still on (runner's high on endorphins and everything), I put on a playlist and went in to the bathroom.

I danced a little washing my hair to the good music roaming through speakers when the door opened. Luckily I recognised Charles standing in the doorway, otherwise I would have been scared to death.

"Hey," I greeted him.

"Ciao," He smiled at me, and casually he began to strip.

"What are you doing?" I asked, watching him, but he didn't really care to explain his actions, only stepped beside me and took me in his arms.