12. Take me away

Meeting with Vicki for a run on the track didn't look like so much of a fabulous idea when my alarm went off at 5 am. It was still dark outside, and I almost convinced myself to lay back to the comfortable bed when Vicki knocked on my door.

"HA!" She shrieked a lot louder than it was acceptable on a hotel's hallway in the morning hours.

"I knew you will want to escape," she pointed at me, looking at my pink pyjamas. "Come on, get yourself together. I'll just wait for you here," she stated and sat down on my bed.

I looked at her - totally ready in a well composed RB workout wear - then started to change.

Thanks to Vicki's enthusiasm we arrived to the track early enough to still be let to run a lap. We met Daniel's PR officer, Aurelie in the hotel's lobby. We've been introduced before, and I quite liked her. She was English as well, modest but cheerful and positive all the time. Not last, she could handle Daniel's crazy personality with so much patience that I admired.

All three of us wore the same Red bull logoed dark blue leggings and tops. It was still quite cold so I had my raincoat on top.

After arriving we began to do our own warm up routine quietly at the box entrance.

"Hey, here!" I heard Vicki screaming - again, what's up with this girl today? - to the direction of the pit lane. I spun, and recognised two figures jogging in our direction. As they got closer I recognised it's Charles's PR officer Mia, along with the legendary Britta Roeske. All the girls greeted each other with wide smiles and hugs. Vicki introduced me to Britta. She was all smiles and looked organised and looked professional even in this early hour. I admired her before, she was working with Vettel for years, and the whole F1 world knew and loved her.

"It's so great you could make it, girls," Vicki smiled and clapped. "So, shall we?" She asked, and pointed to the direction of the track.

I nodded and all of us started to run in a comfortable pace. It turned out Vicky was in a better shape than she admitted. Maybe, she was working out secretly to impress Jake - I thought and smirked to myself as I started to run a bit faster. Shortly, we were joined by Aurelie and Mia as well.

As the sun rose and started to shine properly, the temperature got higher. Soon, I felt hot in my raincoat, so I quickly jogged to the railing of the track to leave it there for the next round.

"That's it doc! Show us some skin!" I heard a whistle from the distance. I snapped, and saw Daniel and Michael coming to my direction. I showed them up my middle finger to suppress their unashamed giggles and also my embarrassment.

After six miles we slowed down to a comfortable jog, waited for one other and ended up chatting a bit.

"You wouldn't believe how easier it is," said Britta and took a sip from her ferrari red water jug.

"I can only imagine," said Mia. "It must be a dream. With Charles being on every possible social media, I have to deal with questioning from the Office of the Queen of Monaco weekly." She said and the German nodded with sympathy.

"The other day for example, he posted his sad puppy face in his stories saying he has to have dinner with some Kaspersky representatives as it's the end of the world," she continued and I walked closer to hear everything, and pretended to be casually sipping on my water.

"I mean what it is all about? I asked him, but he only said he had other plans already," she grimaced. "I can only think about he had some secret rendezvous scheduled."

It was like in the movies, I choked on the water in my mouth. I froze and could only cough for a while, Aurelie had to stop to rub my back.

"Are you OK?" She asked, looking concerned. I managed to nod between two coughs.