18. Wanna go dancin'

Happy weekend to all of you! 😘
I love this little chapter, made me smirk all the time writing it, hence there isn't anything big.
But maybe, the greatness really is in the smallest things... 😏

Media Day was always hectic and stressful, and honestly I was happy to stay away from the mess for a bit.
Today was the training I was planning for quite a long time and our aim with Dr. Conrad was to pass on some practical knowledge to our fellow doctors on the grid.

David was still very excited about working together. It was logical, we made a good team as we represented the two different sides of a possible treatment procedure. A traumatic- and neurosurgeon working well together with an anaesthetist was a rare but obviously a winning combination.

"So, let's begin," Dr. Conrad clapped his hands together enthusiastically.
The nearly 10 doctors gathered in a training lab, were divided to two teams and started to work together. Their first task was to safely remove a supposedly injured driver from a racing car after an imaginary accident.

They were quite competent and after a short debriefing we moved on to the next task.
"Okay guys, so just imagine the patient is crashing, BP is falling to 60 over 30, monitor shows bradycardia. What do you do?" I presented the scenario. A blonde guy in a Racing Point t-shirt raised his hand.
"I guess we apply the ABCDE examination," he said.
"Very good," I smiled. "Please do as you said."
They started working, examining the said patient, the mannequin laying on the floor.

"I think everyone is having a great time," Dr. Conrad stepped next to me, smiling proudly.
"And I'm sure they're learning a lot."
I nodded and turned to watch my colleagues saving the fictional racing driver.

"Clara, I was thinking," he started to speak again after a while. I glanced back at him.
"Would you like to accompany me in the Medical Car in Monaco?" He asked.
I gaped, then my mouth curved into a big smile.
"Really? Hell, yes!" I shrieked. I got chills. It was such a great honour, and I damn sure felt overexcited about sitting in a car during the race weekend, actually feeling the pressure of responsibility on my shoulders again.

"God Clara, you really have to do this?" Max grunted when I told him about the happy news.
Ok, that wasn't the reception I was waiting for.
"What's your problem with that?" I asked him frowning.
He facepalmed, and shook his head with disbelief.
"What is my problem with that? That it's dangerous! You have to be in that car and waiting for an accident, and being there first if something happens," he explained angrily.
"Yes, that's the whole point," I smiled but that only made him angrier.
"Yes but you really don't see that if there's an accident there can be another one? These guys - there are real idiots around here and if they don't see the red flag they will crash into you so easily as I'm saying this," he explained in a high voice.

We were standing in the garage on Friday morning, and I just wanted to congratulate to him on his personal best during FP1.
I guess it was a bad idea.

"I'll take care of myself, don't worry," I nodded.
"I know but I still don't want you to be there," he said with a serious expression.
It made my heart melt and I had to hug him right there. Usually, I didn't do such things because a camera can always spot us, but I didn't care, he was just too cute as he was worrying about me.

Although, I didn't feel the same as it turned out he snitched me at Daniel, too.

The Australian driver found me in the cafeteria while I was eating my lunch alone.
"Clara," he sat down next to me with a rarely seen serious face. Somehow, I knew what this conversation would be about. I looked at him raising my eyebrow, and took another bite from my tuna sandwich. We haven't talked much since our little stunt in the park.