30. Stay

Hello everyone! Here is the next chapter, a little late but hey, I think we are finally getting somewhere!
Also, I am really sorry but I'm not sure about my uploading schedule due to the thousand other things coming up in my life. Anyway, THANK YOU so much for your sweet support, if you wouldn't be like this, I think I'd just stop right here.

I can't say I was a huge help for the team on Sunday. I woke up sore, and tired. I checked my phone, and it showed it was already a little after 8 am.

Charles came out of the bathroom shortly, ruffling his hair with a white towel.

"I didn't want to wake you up but I need to go to the track early. We agreed on a last minute briefing with the engineers," he said simply, giving me a peck.

"Sure, then I meet you there," I nodded and threw myself back to the bed.

I really hoped that someone would help me to get to the paddock, since I wasn't very confident on one foot alone. I reached to my phone, and called Vicki.

In the end, I got Vicki, Jake and Max as my travelling team, being the English trainer my real chaperone for the day.

"You need to ice it a bit when you lay down," Jake reminded me when we arrived in the medical office. "After the start, I can come and tend to it," he offered.

I nodded, accepting his help.

"So what is the plan?" Max asked me in the car. "You fly back with Leclerc then we meet at my place, ha?"

I bit my lips as I saw the contradiction in his question.

"Yeah, I guess."

Of course he rolled his eyes, and looked out of the window. Then, with a shit eating grin he turned back.

"Fine, but make sure you stay the night again in my bed, so I can mock him with that."

I couldn't hold back my grin, but with my mouth I asked,

"Please Max, will you stop this, ever?"

He gave me a compassionate, innocent nod.

"Yeah, sure. When you break up."

"MAX!" Vicki slapped his shoulder, only making the Dutch grin harder.

I wanted to walk around the grid, but wasn't able to. I was imprisoned in the medical office with an ice pack around my ankle and with Jake by my side, who brought some kind of balm that suppose to make my muscle ease up and regenerate.

We watched the race in silence, but since it was quite boring, we started to talk. Soon, the topic shifted to relationships - well, their relationship with Vicki.

"So I have to say I'm very happy with her. I mean - and please don't tell her that, but I feel I found the one, you know?" He said with dreamy eyes, still watching the television screen. I smiled, as I knew Vicki also loves him, so I couldn't have been happier for them.

"And you go back to England together tomorrow?" I asked, kind of hoping for him saying they just come to Monaco with us for the two week gap before the next race. It was funny, because Vicki and Daniel's birthday was one day apart. We could have celebrated them together.

"Yes, we fly home. I booked a place next to the sea, to go on a romantic getaway," he said with a little shy spark in his eyes. I watched him curiously, making him continue.

"Actually I plan to ask her to marry me," he admitted.

I felt my lips slide to the widest grin, and would hug him if I wasn't crippled, laying on an exam table.